Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunset Park pond
I am new to the site and had a question. I know that Sunset Park will get a trout plant next week my question is where at the pond do they dump the trout? North end of the pond south end? I have fished there with some success later in the season for trout but not on the first plant.
Thanks in advance
B
[signature]
They stock at the south end of the pond.
[signature]
i fish sunset alot and whizzle is correct they stock on the south end of the park, at the little boat ramp, not the rc boat ramp, but the tiny boat ramp at the end of the pond. so they are gonna stock next week? wednesday? this is good to know.[fishin]
[signature]
The recording at the mead hatchery said they will be stocking Tuesday afternoon for all urban ponds, Lake Mead, lake Mohave and cold creek pond. I will be there (Sunset) as soon as my son gets home from school. See you there.
You cant miss me I am a really big guy.
B[fishin]
[signature]
Id be interested to know where they plant the trout at lake mead these days, hemenway? sandy cove area?
[signature]
I believe they release them near boulder beach/hemenway.
[signature]
I know where I'll be trolling real soon[fishin]
[signature]
[quote Chefboom]. See you there.
You cant miss me I am a really big guy.
B[fishin][/quote]

ha ha i'm a really big guy too lol i'll be wearing an old beat up cabelas hat with a bitsy minnow hangin from it, and probly have my baby girl in her stroller. tight lines[fishin]
[signature]
Stay outside of the no boat markers near the beach.
Any boat inside the buoy line will get a $400 ticket.
[signature]
Can't wait till tuesday see you guys there. I need to run to BPS to pick up some stuff then I will be good to go. Hope I catch em cause I wanna put them into the smoker! Yumm!
Important as I am sure we all know Three fish limit at the urban ponds!!
Tight Lines
B[fishin]
[signature]
[quote Chefboom]. Hope I catch em cause I wanna put them into the smoker! Yumm!
[/quote]

thats what i plan on doin too!! got any good trout brine recipes? i need to get some more smoker chips. BPS here i come too!! THANX
[signature]
Man I wish I could get out there tuesday to do some trolling!
damn truck[:p]
[signature]
Ill be out at willow tomorrow, let ya know how it goes.
[signature]
hell yeah todays tuesday! I'll be up there, hope to see everyone there - btw, do they still stock crappie at sunset???
[signature]
dont think they stock crappie but i heard someone threw a bunch of smallmouth into sunset this summer... so we'll see if they thrive. might be a new target in the pond.
[signature]
I was thinking about bringing 8-10 bass back and throwing them in Lorenzi Park but didnt know if ndow would appreciate it very much [cool]

I live 3 minutes from Lorenzi and that would be nice if they took hold. I dont know if they could survive in there.

Lorenzi is pretty shallow I think only 3' right? Do you guys think they would survive?
[signature]
Transfering fish from one body of water to another body of water in Nevada is ILLEGAL! Even if its sounds like a good idea. Read your Nevada State Fishing Regs.
[signature]
yes, I know. Wishful thinking[cool]

Still, I wonder if they would be able to thrive in that pond.
[signature]
Haha Im with you Vegaskid lets start a smb pop at the urbans[cool]
[signature]
I would love a good SMB fishery in Sunset but that will not happen anytime soon. Anyway I have a fishing report for the 2010 trout opener at sunset! Got there around 4:00 pm and fish were jumping everywhere! 15-20 people fishing as well. First cast with a mini jig bendo! woohoo! 5-10 minutes later nothing, changed to a trout worm(pink) first cast bendo woohoo! 5-10 minutes later nothing changed to chartruese worm bendo woohoo! the problem was they were all about 6-8 inches Boo! (all released). Put on a thomas buoyant first cast bendo 12" stringer worthy, 5-10 minutes later bendo 12" stringer worthy again, 5-10 minutes bendo 12" another stringer worthy trout and my limit was full yeah! trout for the smoker! My son caught 1 and had a lot of hits but did not connect today next time he will probably catch more than me(hope not) hope so! he was cold and it was dark so we went home back on Thursday! Going to spend more time fishing with bait and lures hope to get more for the smoker!
Tight lines!

B[fishin]

p.s. on the plastics I got bit every cast but most would not commit.
[signature]