Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell me about sea foam
[#ff0000]Don't know much about boats-still on the straight up on the learning curve. I have a 70's vintage Mercury outboard that got pretty gummed up and someone mentioned sea foam. I have always liked Berryman's for automotive carb and injector clean up but am hesitant to use it on anything 2 stroke as it strips metal bare. Tell me about this sea foam, where to get it, how much is it, how do you use it, what to watch for, what not to do etc. or is there something better that you use? [/#ff0000]
[signature]
I think you heard about it from me! I use seafoam in everything that has an engine. I have been refered to it by many mechanics and I can tell you that it has done wonders on my vehics and boat engine. It is totaly safe for 2 stroke engines. I follow the directions on the can to a "T". I have seen improved response, better fule efficiency and overall a smoother easier starting engine, plus my tow vehicle enjoys the same bennefits. I have only been able to find it at Checker auto chains around 4 bucks a bottle. I usually start the season out with putting a full bottle in a half tank of gas and then doing the direct treatment via carbs/injectors (as specified on the bottle). Then I will treat it in the fill up tank about the end of the season, the last tank I feel I will run through it. Works great!!
[signature]