Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nov 7 mead 33 hole report
[size 2][/size]Slipped into the park just before sunrise parked at the rocky point lot bout 630am. Made my way down the trail and hiked far to a new cove I never tried. Setup the same ol rig crawler on the bottom and casted crankbaits with the other. The cove was thick with weed beds looked promising ran the floating shad rap through a couple dozen times finally lost it to the weeds. Switched to a texas rig trick worm in brown/orange swirl casted for awhile no hits so went deeper no hits. Checked the bait rod surprised to reel up a barely munched on crawler usually gone after ignoring for 2 hours. Thought maybe I was to shallow so I set up a double crawler rig with some weight and got it out to some deep water 5 mins later I'm reelin in the first cat of the day it had a bad attitude all the way to shore just under a foot. Rebaited n casted to the same deep spot. Couple minutes later another one wanted to play little smaller than the first still fought like a champ. Spent the rest of the day toying around with some new rapalas jointed shad rap,fatrap,countdownrap,xrap all in shad colors no hookups with those but did get a few pecks. Packed it up just before noon. Didn't really seem alive out there today really flat n still a few weak jumpers. A boat or two passed by towards the wash. Saw quite a few bankies set up in the coves closer to the parking lot they looked bored with the action. The Nevada Silverman Triathlon was taking place down at mead today where you Swim 2.4miles,Bike 112miles,Run 26.2miles got a pic of these guys taking up the roadway there was people everywhere on bikes,motorcycles,scooters and a bunch of folks on the side of the road. Overall fun day comments or questions welcome.[fishin]
[signature]
Good lookin cats. [fishin] Last weekend, a boater I passed and chatted with who was anchored just down from 33, hauled in a 10lb cat. Said the thing faught like hell.
[signature]
i bet a big ole cat fish lived in that cave/hole when it was underwater. nice report n pix, i miss gettin out to the lake. keep em comin!!
[signature]
Vegaskid - Yea not as good as I hoped but had fun so no biggie. The hole can be popular with boaters not just bankies. I remember one boater saw me land a dink striper this guy got within 10 yards from where I was standing on shore haha but I do find consistent catfish action year round at the hole so I don't doubt 10 pounders are in there. Ive targeted cats for the last year every weekend have yet to see a true 10 pounder. You can always count on a fight with those guys.

Syncityangler - Yea was probaly a fish cabin but now its a yote den. Saw my dog emerge from this hole went to check it out saw some bedding material and some rabbit carcuss/bones and smelt like crap. Good thing there was no pups in there that would of been trouble.
[signature]