Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
humminbird ice 35 question
quick question i tried to use my ice 35 out on bear lake this summer while jigging and it wouldn't work also had a vexilar on board and it worked fine so i called humminbird up and they say i cant use it on open water my warranty runs out in dec i just want to know if that's right that it is not supposed to work on open water so i can get it fixed it just doesn't make sense tome why not when you have a hole in the ice is it not open water to the bottom thanxs for any response
[signature]
A couple of questions. Why did they say it wouldn't work if not on the ice? Second were you trying to see through the bottom of the boat?
[signature]
they said it doesnt work in open water only on the ice i tried to explain that its worked before and whats the difference you drill a hole and its open water to the bottom and i was just dropping it over the side of the boat my buddys vexilar works great like that perfect for seeing the bottom for jigging up those macks
[signature]
If it has worked for you in the past in open water then my guess is that something isn't working right. I would try and get on the ice before the warranty expired and check it out. I am with you that if it can see down during the cold of winter it should be even easier in the summer.
[signature]