Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday Skunkin 33 Hole 11/14
[size 2][/size] Had intentions on roundin up some bass but was horribly mistaken. Headed out with no bait just a few cranks n bucktail jigs. Arrived at 33 hole lot 545am. Hiked down way past the usual coves southeast to the floating outhouse.

All I had was a light backpack and 1 dog to watch so I was able to move around alot and did just that. Worked around the outhouse with nada headed back towards the skinny cliffy cove. Got back into the cove was throwin the cotton cordell rattlin shad got slammed hard I let em take some line out battled for a few seconds then the sucka swam himself near some jagged rocks sheared the 6lb test like nothing.

Moved on after that incident backtracking to a cove I passed up that had some ruff movin water wind was really pickin up by now. Casted a couple dozen times with a clown pattered X-rap the whole time I felt the color was off but I got it for free so what the hell.

Next thing you know some birds start going crazy plunging themselves into the drink bout 50 yards out from where I was standing. Two bass boats move in didn't even see em coming. The boaters and me fished the weak boil for about 10-15 mins. I even got tangled up with a boater luckily the lures came undone we both just waved at each other and kept castin hello to who ever you are. All that frenzy for nothing none of us reaping anything from the boil.

Moved on back towards the parkin lot fishin the coves quickly with the white bucktail jig nothing so I called it quits and beat feet out of there bout 1130ish. Other than the boaters that fished the boil only saw 1 boat cruise by towards the wash saw two bankies set up in the main cove on the hike back up the hill. Got to do alot of exploring today felt like I hiked more than fished all in all good day just wished I had bought some anchovies.

It was also cold and windy the first couple hours put on the skimask n gloves to fight the cold the temp is really startin drop. Added a few misc pics I took including a trolling motor someone left behind. Comments or questions welcome.
[signature]
Its never a bad day fishing when you explore new spots, i love fishin lake mead for that reason
[signature]
Bummer on the skunk, but at least you werent working all weekend like me.[fishin]

Looks like someone lost there trolling motor....lolol
[signature]
[size 2][/size]Ihuntforfish - Yeah was getting tired of the same ol spot where I was catching grundles of dink cats n no bass. So set out for new grounds with some luck. I think i'm gonna scope out the overton arm these next few trips.

Vegaskid - Worked saturday witch is my usual mead day so I figured sunday would be my only chance before next weekend. Getting skunked sucks but I have to learn how to catch fish without relying on anchovies n worms all the time. Never tryed that lure you recommended to me still got to go pick up another one.

It was a kinda frustrating trip because I kept seein jumpers and surface activity early in the morning. I also spotted a new cooler someone coulnt get back up the hill ya never know what the hell you'll find out there.
[signature]
Yea I hate when I see all kind of activity on the surface and I cant get not one bite.. And being that i pick up bodies for the clark county coroners office, i know first hand about all the gnarly sh*t you can find out at mead, in particular Government wash area..
[signature]
I heard from some one read it in the newspaper that they find a body part from lake mead on average every four months.
[signature]
yea, I believe it... I personally have been apart of dozens and dozens of body/body part removal at lake mead.. anything from people completely trashed and falling off their housboat hitting their head and drowning, to dumb ass recreational boaters not paying attention and wrecking, to prostitutes being dumped around government wash, bones, suicides... man i've seen it all in this county
[signature]
Dam bro sounds like a job I could imagine it being pretty depressing but hey probaly good money[cool] Atleast you don't have to deal with punka** kids down at the local juvenile hall that crap gets old fast.

I have yet to see a body at mead closest thing to that is when I saw some guys jetski go up in smoke luckily he dove off & another skier picked him up.

I have experienced near death situations while fishing aswell mainly back in WA while wading the lewis river got sweep under the waders filled n I blacked out luckily someone saw me go under and retrieved me couple hundred yards down stream I no longer fish the lewis except in a boat.
[signature]