Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What forum member has help/taught you the most?
Pretty straght forward poll question. What member has helped/taught you the most when it comes to catching fish. Whether it be through info, providing opportunity, good posts, whatever. Who first comes to your mind from BFT when you think of this, only pick 1. I know its tough.
I'll tally the votes and the winner after 1 week will be the BFT president. I'm sure this is totally wrong and ill get moderated in 5 min. [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
Bft is a group of fisherman that has helped me quite a bit. I've caught many 30" + cats, giant crappie and many walleye from random posters on here. I'd say the most helpful is probably that tubeguy. The reason for this is he doesn't hide info and posts frequently. But many other people even very brief posts have helped me because I usually can find and catch fish when I know where and when.
PREDATOR, BLM, MGB, TubeDude, and Tarponjim. Not necessarily in that order.

Sorry for not picking just one. But after associating with some of these guys for as long as 8-9 years here on BFT, it is pretty dificult to pick just one.
[signature]
you mean tubedude? i'm not aware of a tubeguy.
[signature]
Trout suck? Your credibility is out the window, and your thread needs to be removed.[Wink][Smile]
[signature]
Definitely Old Coot's got be on this honorable mention list!!!
[signature]
kentofnsl has taught me more than anyone...

then either via posts/meetings I have to mention: Tubedude, Fishkillr, Kochanut
[signature]
That's easy for me. It is Flygoddess on the flyfishing board,
and Tubedude on the general and floattube side. I hope everyone knows how lucky we are to have those gems in our presence.
Pa
[signature]
TD, Never leave his house without having learned something.
[signature]
We are truly blessed to have there ever growing window of knowledge
[signature]
This is my second year as a member, and became aware of this site from a friend at work. I had no idea back then where to fish or how. Move here from Sacramento some time ago.
Many people have answered my questions, but I would have to say, I learned the most by reading Tubedudes archives. The many maps and pictures and various fishing lures and tackle set ups have helped the most.
Not to mention setting up my toon.
If your new to this site read the achieves!
Thanks to all, but most of Thanks Tubedude.[cool]
[signature]
Bassrods for sure. But, that's only because I happen to have one of his super-secret decoder rings so that I can understand his posts. He won't get many votes, because most can't decipher his messages.
[signature]
Every time I think I know who the most helpful is, I remember more helpful info from other forum members. In no particular order: K2muskie, Old Coot & Tubedude are three guys who I owe tons to for their contribution to me, others and this forum.

It's a combination of members like those listed above and many others that make this site such a fun and valuable tool for any of us. Not to discount the other forum members, I know I left off many names but I think everyone contributes, especially me.

Without me other guys on the site might think they are the only one who doesn't catch any fish.
[signature]
Weekend warrior or Kokonut for me... Great guys both of them. Sad to see one of them move to the desert and the other one protecting our country in another hostel desert.
[signature]
kokanut for me for his sense of humor, tubedud for amount of words,one guy had a download on how to tie a impeccable knot and it was also helpful, the mods of course for all there encouraging insight .thanks guys
[signature]
flygoddess, mojorizing, and orvis1

in less then 2 months i learned more about lines and tippets then i have in the 18 years i have been fly fishing

old_coot

knots, knots, knots!!!!
[signature]
No question Tubedude,

Because he enjoy's fishing like the rest of us.
[signature]
Tubedude....the man knows his stuff and is willing to share it.
[signature]
Flyfishing Godess,TubeDude, and Tarponjim

( Even thought TD's post are like a page long but lots of good info in there [Wink] )
[signature]
1 day in and no surprises here. TubeDude running away with it, with 11 votes. Flygoddess and surprising Kochanut in distant 2nd with 3 votes a piece. Alone in 3rd Old coot with 2, rounding out with 11 others with 1 vote each respectivly.
[signature]