Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update - Black Friday @ the Berry
Fellow fisherman, Sorry for the short post last night. I had a hot shower and a plate of T-day left overs waiting for me. OK, in answer to your questions. Haws point is out of the question unless you have a snowmobile. The snow is piled 4 feet high in front of the road to haws point where you turn off to go to the marina. As far as ice goes Mud Creek is frozen out about 100 yards. Didn't see any one on it. Where you enter the channel by the old dam is frozen thin. Ice along some of the edges. Water temp was 34 to 37F throughout the day. I fished in a long sleeve t-shirt and carhart bibs most of the day. Had to use a coat to travel from place to place. Now for the fishing. Wasn't fast and furious but it wasn't a skunk either. I was using a tube jig tipped with a little piece of chub minnow and sometimes trolling a lucky craft. No takers on the LC, only one bite. Caught all of the fish on the tube jig. All in all, had to be one of the nicest days of fall/winter boat fishing I have ever had. Water was like glass all day.
Best of all, I didn't need to chain up the truck to launch. There is a pair of bald eagles that nest over by the old dam. They have been there every winter for probably the last eight years. This fool is glad he went. Any one know any good CROW reciepies?
[signature]
[quote berryhunter]

This fool is glad he went. Any one know any good CROW reciepies?

[/quote]

If you find any let me know. My concern was the ramps. I figured (wrong) that there would be over a foot of snow on the ramps. I have had my boat on Bear Lake in December, so I am not a total wimp when it comes to cold water boating.
[signature]
No worries, its all good. If we can't give fellow fisher people(PC) a bad time who can we. I wish everyone who likes the berry could have been there, Utah at its finest.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks for posting the pics. It looks like it was worth the trip just from how beatiful the day was.
[signature]
Nice pics n report[cool]
[signature]