Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Ky
I hope you'll will let a Ky boy with a syrofoam kickboat "hang around" this site. This is my favorite type of fishing! I fish small lakes, watershed lakes, ponds, strip mine pits around my home in Ky.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard. Glad to have ya. "Floatation fishing" can include tubes, toons, kayaks or wash tubs. We ain't proud.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You live in a great area for fishing from small inflatable craft. Lots of waters that are ideal for our style of fishing. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Many parts of the country are sliding into winter mode now and the tubing and tooning potential drops off a lot until spring. Quite a few of us on the board are from the mountain states and our favorite ponds are developing a hard surface...ICE. That really slows us down in our inflatables.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Got any pictures of your setup or your fish that you'd care to share?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your craft. Always happy to have a new fellow angler join our group of crazy fishermen.[sly]
[signature]
I am having some trouble with the login process, posting pictures and how to reply to post. I will try it figure it out.
[signature]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=290"]HELP DESK LINK[/url]
[signature]
Thanks for the help link
[signature]
Always good to see new people and ideas on the site. Welcome! Be sure to explore the archives there are some great ideas and posts on here.

Your pontoon boat looks interesting. I would love to see a bigger picture of it. It looks light and easy to handle. I am interested in how it is put together. Does it have a metal frame inside?
[signature]
[Image: 17399d1207072758-if-water-wagons-came-ba...small-.jpg]
[signature]
[Image: 1200708137.jpg]
[signature]
Ive got to ask.. where did you get that rig... ??
[signature]
Very interesting rig indeed.
[signature]
Info on "Waterwagon".
They were manufactured in the Panhandle of TX by a company that went out of business.

They are made from Arcell, a super tough foam that is different from styrofoam

The second picture is not my rig. I pefer to keep it simple. That is why I enjoy this type of fishing so much. I have added a Humingbird Fishing Buddy that I really find useful.

I fish mostly for Bluegill and Crappie. I use two spinning rod with 2lb test line and troll {with my fins}1/64 oz jigs around the ponds/pits/whatever searching for fish. It works great! Sometimes I add split shot and slow down if the fish are deeper. Because of the narrow cone angle of the "fishing buddy", if I see "marks", I figure the fish are very close to me.

There is no metal frame in the rig.

I have two of them and if you are ever passing thru Ky. Give me a shout and we will try them out!

A fishing buddy gave them to me after he got too old to use them. I had them in the barn for many years and did not ever use them. Now the bass boat stays in the garage and they are on the water. I think of my buddy "Coby" whenever I use them. I told my son the other day to make sure he always keeps them. They are "fish catchin machines"!
[signature]
That's cool! It looks like it is one molded piece. I have never seen one like that before. It looks like it would work great for your ponds, and not catch the wind much. About how much does it weigh?
[signature]
I don't know how much they weigh but I carry it with one arm.
[signature]
what part of Ky do you live in, i grew up in Lee county Va on the border with harlen KY, also loved in Wise county border with Pikeville Ky
[signature]
Hi!
I live in the "other end" of Ky. Southwest Ky between Bowling Green and Hopkinsville.
[signature]