Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iwanntabuggy-Contest Fish

[signature]
[inline "Challeng fish 1, Henry's Lake Nov 27, 2010.jpg"]

Henry's Lake, Cuthroat, 18 3/4 inches, 11-26-2010.
[signature]
[inline "Challeng fish 2, Henry's Lake Nov 27, 2010.JPG"]

Henry's Lake, Cuthroat/Rainbow Hybrid, 18 7/8 inches, 11-26-2010.

[#ff0000]19" Cuttroat[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]18" Brookie (As ruled on by the members of the contest.)[/#ff0000]
[signature]
Mackay Reservoir
Kokanee
12-30-10
11.5 inches
[#ff0000]11.5"[/#ff0000]

[inline "Mackay Kokanee.JPG"]
[signature]
Hey guys. I just wanted to thank you all for allowing me to count the Brookie even though I lost the picture. You guys are TOPS! THANKS!
[signature]
Magic Reservoir
Rainbow
12-31-10
15.5 Inches
[#ff0000]15.5"[/#ff0000]

[inline "Magic Rainbow.JPG"]
[signature]
Cascade, 1-8-11, Sucker, 23 inches.

[inline "Challenge fish 1.JPG"]
[signature]
Cascade, 1-8-11, Perch, 11.5 inches.

[inline "Challenge fish 5.JPG"]
[signature]
Cascade, 1-15-11, Perch. I'm calling this one 12 inches.

[inline "Challenge fish 6.JPG"]
[signature]
Species number 7!
Cascade, 1-15-11, Coho, 14.5 inches.

[inline "Challenge fish 8.JPG"]
[signature]
Not sure if that on counts or not? I don't see Coho on the list [:/].

The 7 fish must be made up of a combination of …

1 panfish (perch, crappie, or bluegill/sunfish)

5 different game fish (Rainbow trout, Cutthroat trout/CuttBow, Brown trout, Brook trout, Splake, Kokanee, Walleye, Large Mouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass,)

1 non-game fish (sucker, chub, pike minnow, shiner)

6. Cuttbows will be classified as a Cutthroat.
[signature]
Maybe your right. I thought they counted, but they are certainly not on the list. I was thinking the only fish excluded were Pike/Tiger Musky and Lake Trout. I guess I'll have to wait for an official ruling. The picture included orginally, was a mistake. It was a Kokanee. I've replaced it with the Coho.
[signature]
In my mind the Coho is kind of like the Kokanee. It was originally missed from the list, but was added. I think Coho was missed as an oversight. In my mind at least, both Kokanee and Coho were implied. I know that we discussed not allowing Pike and Lake Trout, but their exclusion is not in the rules either (or is it?). Oh, well. If it counts great, if not, maybe I'll get lucky and get a Brown next Friday at Magic.
[signature]
There are a few fish I would like to have had on the list that were not included.

7. Pike, Tiger Muskie, Lake Trout, and Carp will be excluded from the 7 fish contest, but will be eligible for the longest over all fish trophy.

Jim
[signature]
I never even thought about Coho. Since it was not specifically excluded. I think it should count but I will wait for others to chime in. In my mind way to be creative.

Windriver
[signature]
Windriver.

I don't know if the others have agreed to count the Coho or not, but I need to withdraw the Coho from the contest.

I mis-identified it. I did some checking on fish identification and that is not a Coho. It is a rainbow. Coho do not have any spots on the lower portion of the tail. I assumed the one I submitted was a Coho due to the very silvery sides and the dark jaw, but the lower jaw on a Coho is also darker than that. I've included a photo of a Coho (which, incidentally, I did not photo for the contest because it was the same size as the one I submitted), but I don't have an official picture of it with a measurement. Ooops. Sorry for the error. I'll get one in coming weeks and get a qualifying picture, I hope (if they are allowed).

Again, I apologize for the error.

I've learned quite a bit about Salmon and how to tell a Salmon from a trout in the last few days though. So that's good. [Smile] The one in the picture below really is a Coho and you can see that it is darker in the mouth and the back also. It is a poor picture, so you can't tell if it has spotting on the lower portion of the tail.
[inline "Cascade spring 2011.jpg"]
[signature]
Also, I'd like to withdraw the 18 inch Brookie, which you guys graciously allowed me (without a picture). In keeping with the rules, I'll submit a smaller one that I do actually do have a picture of. It was caught at Fish Creek, on December 30th and is 15 inches.

[inline "Fish Creek Brookie.JPG"]
[signature]
Ok, I hadn't studied the pictures very closely yet. Glad you took care of it so I didn't have to. Good luck in your search for another one. I haven't had any negative feedback so we will allow a Coho.

Windriver
[signature]
Magic Res
1-24-11
Rainbow
17.5 inches
[#ff0000]17 1/2"

[/#ff0000][inline "Magic Jan 24 2011 (2).JPG"]
[signature]
Still can't seem to get that elusive Coho. Got a bigger trout to add though.

Rainbow
Cascade
2-12-2011
It shows 20 1/4 on the marker, but it hang over quite a bit on the zero end, so I'm gonna call it 21. You can call it whatever you think it justified.

[#ff0000]21"

[/#ff0000][inline "Cascade, Feb 12 2011 (5).JPG"]
[signature]