Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a non-twisting surf rig technique
I was on the beach, just after sunrise by Jenkinson's on the NJ shore at sunrise this past Sunday after watching the meteor shower. High tide was at 9:40am, the surf said "stripers", but there was no bait and thus no stripers.<br>Even if they were there, my store-bought rig was a mess. Off a 3 way, I had 4oz. on a 1 foot segment, and then about 2 feet for the hook with a sliding float. It got so %#$@&*&%$#% twisted........(above the rig was a wire leader with swivels on top and bottom)<br>Any solutions.<br><br>Tight lines at sea, screamin kids at home!
WOW Thor....U da man! Can I come fish with you?<br><br>I get twist problems too. I guess it's just part of the game sometimes. You're suggestions are good. Retrieve speed and sinker type play a major roll. I think that a bait that spins too much on the hook is also a problem. <br><br>Capt. Jeff<br><br><br>
this is a California Stripe Bass picture I found...<br>on a fly in the delta it said...<br>I think in the salt, they go much bigger than this one.<br><br>[Wink]