Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dough ball recipies fer' fishing
1 1/2 C. Corn meal

1 C. Flour

1/2 C. Sugar or brown sugar

Add just enough water till mixture gets good and sticky. Cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Let cool and then roll into balls. Store in refrigerator or freeze for later.

[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 5]Dough Balls for Fishing [/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 5][/size][/font]

1 cup water
2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/4 cups ground cornmeal
3/4 cup flour

Bring water and sugar to a boil. Lower heat and add cornmeal and flour. Stir over low heat for 5 minutes. Cover and put in double boiler on low for 1/2 hour. If too thick, add water. If too thin, add flour.

Knead dough when cool enough to handle. Divide dough into 5 parts. Wrap each piece tightly and freeze so it will be ready for those last-minute fishing trips.

Variation: This recipe can be varied by adding a tablespoon of peanut butter or a secret flavor of your own.
[signature]
Really its quite simple. Take one whole piece of bread and remove the crust. after dipping the rest in bacon grease roll it into a tight ball until semi hard. Great for carp!
[signature]
Dough Balls for Cat fishing

1 tbsp. vanilla

2 tbsp. sugar

1 small pkg. strawberry jello

1 pint water

1 cup flour

2 cups corn meal

Boil vanilla, sugar and jello in one pint of water. While this is simmering, mix flour and corn meal. While the liquid is boiling, mix the dry ingredients in slowly. Stir for two minutes then remove from heat. Keep in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. Pinch off enough to make a ball as you fish.
[signature]
[size 2]To make dough balls, mix equal parts of flour, corn meal and water until thick. Add a little strawberry soda, vanilla or maple syrup for flavor and you have the best carp-catching bait there is. Use just enough dough to cover a small treble hook, and use a small weight if necessary. [/size]
[signature]
[font "Trebuchet MS"] [/font]

Dough Ball recipe for steelhead or trout [Image: indbul1a.gif] [font "Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica"]1/2 cup corn meal[/font] [Image: indbul1a.gif] [font "Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica"]1/2 cup flour[/font] [Image: indbul1a.gif] [font "Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica"]1/4 cup white Karo syrup[/font] [Image: indbul1a.gif] [font "Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica"]2/3 cup water[/font] [Image: indbul1a.gif] [font "Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica"] 3 tablespoons water optional[/font] [Image: indbul1a.gif] [font "Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica"]3 tablespoons Peanut butter (optional) [/font] [Image: indbul1a.gif] [font "Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica"] Oil scents can be substituted for peanut butter[/font] [Image: indbul1a.gif] [font "Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica"]cotton balls (shredded)[/font] [Image: indbul1a.gif] [font "Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica"]Marshmallow creme (optional to add floatation)[/font] [Image: indbul1a.gif] [font "Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica"]food coloring (to get desired color)[/font][font "Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica"] [ol] [li]On low heat mix water, syrup, food coloring, and peanut butter (or oil substitute) [li]after mixing corn meal and flour together slowly add to liquid while stirring [li]Stir while cooking until thick or water is gone. [li]Mixture can be blended with marshmallow creme for floating baits [li]After mixture cools add cotton ball fibers to keep baits together [/li][/ol]

[/font]
[signature]
THANK YOU LONEHUNTER I WILL TRY THESE OUT I HAVE JUST BEEN BUYING FRENCH BREAD AND USING THAT BUT THESE SOUND LIKE THEY WILL WORK VERY WELL.
[signature]
pretty good idea with the bread joe , heck a dozen worms cost way more than the bread dose !

the best bread i use is a little more for me , oakwood bakerys bread . when i visit the downriver area of detroit i always go to cherilli's market in lincoln park and pick up a couple dozen loafs for the freeser . they don't last long , the flavor is unbelivably good , i guess thats why the fish like it too !

what brand do you prefer, joe ?
[signature]
my niebor owns a bakery I can get the day old bread cheap I the fish seem to like the cinnamon raisin. of the honey wheat.
[signature]
[cool] Hey there lonehunter,

I've been posting all over from hell to breakfast looking for dough recipies. Now I found yours. Thanks for helping out. From your Pal in SoCal.[cool]
[signature]
if you dont want to go through the mess of making your own dough you can buy a catfish stink and dip some on a marshmellow,

you can also use fresh bread and mash it in to a ball and dip stink on it as well.
[signature]
Thanks once again Dave,

I kinda figured I'd have to ask someone north of the Los Angeles parallel to get some of the good recipies. I really love this site.[Smile]
[signature]
i know you have , i just saw your post on the maine board !

way to go S. !!! [Wink][cool]
[signature]