Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carp Question
I've been contacted to help catch carp for a carp age study.
I'm guessing these guys think we're going to go out on my boat
and have 10 or 15 carp for their research in an hour or so. I ask the contact person how they were going to catch the carp and got a blank stair... LOL
I've caught some carp using bread while fishing for talipia. I've caught a few on a flyrod (mostly they just swim by the fly). I've seen them swimming around with the catfish and bluegill near a fish feeder at a friends dock.
Every day a friend that lives on the lake is tossing in a few can full of dog food. Hope that attracts some.
Can any of you guys give me some ideas please. I have another 3 weeks before the "trip"
Aloha,
Stan
[signature]
[font "Verdana"][#666666][size 2]1) Use a hair rig to increase your chance of catching. As carp taste food first, if they don’t like the taste, they won’t come near it.

2) You may also use a Spider Line, 50 lbs test, then use a leader material that fits the situation.

3) Thread the bait on the baiting needle and hook the hair loop. You may also use foam dipped in a flavor as this enhances the attractiveness of the bait.

4) Also make a baiting needle by just straightening a long shank hook. Slide the bait on the shank, then slide the bait from the needle onto the hair.

5) Using a float is also an advantage because it adds weight for further distancing and the location is easily identified.

6) Don’t forget the controller float rig. A leader can be used which is attached to the swivel to its mainline of at least 3 feet length with a 10lbs Drennan double strength. A low diameter mono will do just as long as it floats well enough for visibility.[/size][/#666666][/font]
[signature]
I use doughballs made up of corn meal & dark molasses mixed up thick & set in fridge over night & to fish it I use a #2 hook & 1/2 oz egg sinker 2 foot up from the hook, I put on the dough bait & throw out & let line drop then I put a weighted bobber in between the line guides or eyes & let it drop then take up some of the slack leaving the bobber hanging, The bobber will either raise or drop lower letting me know that bait has been tooken, I fish this way for carp cause they are sensitive at pulling on line that is tight, make sure doughball completely covers entire hook,, Hope this has been some help for ya
[signature]
Go to [#000000][url "http://www.amsbowfishing.com/"]www.amsbowfishing.com/[/url] they will hook you up with a good setup. Its fool proof.[/#000000]
[signature]