Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found: 5600 FL a.k.a. 5600 Plus

Hey there guys,

Mystery Solved!

George at the Golden West swap meet just sold me two (2) brand spanking new, never used, not a single scratch, cranked only a few times, perfectly working 5600 FL's or Plus's as they say on the side plate.

Thank you guys for all the help. These will work great with the calicos, sand bass, and small yellowtail.

Again, thanks for all the hours put in helping me to search for this wonderful reel. If you find one, grab it for yourself. Why? Big time line capacity for such a comparitively small, light reel.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Man...now I can sleep at night again. So glad you found your reel(s). Hope you got a good price...but then money is only money. A good reel is a thing of beauty.

Now you have to give them a proper initiation.
[signature]

Hi TubeDude,

What! Take them out to initiate them! Are you crazy... after all that trouble?! You knew I would come up with somethin' right?!

I'll take one of these guys out tomorrow to Catlina Island. I even bought a little coat for him to wear. I thought this reel cover business was for a bunch of woosies that didn't want their tackle scratched. Well, I learned my lesson. That's partly true on the cattleboats but the reel issue, he he he, the 'real issue' is keeping not only the salt out of the works but also all the chlorine and other toxic stuff we use to scrub down the boat on the way home. Especially if exposed 4 or 5 times a week like mine.

A wiser angler applying 2 or 3 brain cells is me.

Thanks for the efforts. Are you drying our little squid friends?

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]I haven't yet taken the time to become emotionally involved with the snacks yet. But...I need to this week before I can take them out next week.

Good luck at the Island. How is the action holding up over there? Any yellows of any size this year?
[signature]

Hi TubeDude,

It's bustin' wide open as we speak! A couple of 3/4 day boats out of LA got over a 100 a piece yesterday. This morning's boats are loading up at the paddys. 18-25 pounders with a few pushing the 30's. Tomorrow should be a killer day and I might not get to use my little 5600. If I used it for 25 pound yellows the Danny would throw me and, even worse, my rod overboard.

Got a overnight 1 day charter on the 28th and that should be a real killer trip. 22 guys on 80 foot boat going where we want!!!!

Oh ya!

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Sounds like life is good and gettin' gooder. Take good care of your new children. They might be a bit tender for the rough and tumble of the bigger yellows. And, if the whole boat has to wait while you play paddy cake with a fishy, you might be the subject of a keelhauling.

Good luck at the island.
[signature]

Hi TubeDude,

absolutely, that's why I said probably no go for the 5600 Plus. I thought about using it to make bait ie big sardines and small mackerel that we MAY have to get but my buddy suggested I refrain from that. Going with my once a week fishing club buddies. Here's the story.

Set up your sabiki rig so that it sets along your main line with a white jig used as the weight. Drop it down and get your whatever and once loaded (depending on the need for bait, how many guys are really helping and common sense) let it hang for an extra 15 or 20 seconds. If a big ol fishy doesn't hammer you in that time briskly reel in your bait, go to the tank and use the jig to keep the line straight, but a little limp, for the guy on the tank to take them off with his 'take them off' thingy. And...... do it all over again.

Pet whine: On open party boats: I make bait like mad, other guys sleeping, how come those sleeping beauties are the first one's to dive for the primo bait? Decks usually say something in general about this but they usually don't enforce ethical behavior.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Ain't no accountin' for other people's actions. Maintain your ascendency and know that you are doing the right thing...even if others don't.

Haven't you ever heard the 80/20 rule? 20 percent of the people are willing to do the work, and the other 80 percent are willing to let them.

My philosophy is that anytime you ask a question, that begins with the word WHY...and it has to do with people...there is probably not a good answer.
[signature]