Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fish finder battery
thinking of picking myself up a cuda 128 for my tube i have acess to free of charge a seald rechargeable lead acid battery 12V 7.0ah will this provide enough power to run a fish finder ?

chris
[signature]
[cool]That is perfect. Is it the Cabelas? They have them with a charger for about $30 for the combo. You need the little stepdown transformer trickle charger, rather than the same charger you would use on a car or motorcycle battery.

I am attachng a diagram I made at the bottom. The 128 will draw about a half amp per hour, so you can run it continuously for 12 to 14 hours on a 7 amp/hour battery. Now, if you had one of the super units, like the big boys use on their big boats, that battery would be sucked dry in a couple of hours or less.

Suggest you get a backup battery to jump start your heart after those hand to fin encounters with tiger muskies.
[signature]
thanks dude thats just what i wanted to hear not a cabelas not sure what brand we have a bunch laying around here at work and my boss said i could have on for free thanks for the info on the charger

chris
[signature]
[cool]Free is a GOOD price. Look around and see if there is a spare charger on the premises too.

As I suggested in the writeup, it is a good idea to recharge the batteries the first thing after you get off the water...and then top them off for an hour or two before going out the next time. With those trickle chargers you cannot hurt the battery by overcharging.

Man, you are getting ready to join the ranks of the "sighted" tubers. You will be amazed at what it will do for your overall understanding of what is going on down there...and your enjoyment of the sport. It will definitely help you improve your skills by giving you more information and guiding your presentations.

Enjoy.
[signature]
don't think i'll find a charger laying around we use the batteries as back ups for a fire detection system if we lose primary power the charger and system are all built into a wall mounted box

chris
[signature]
[cool]I don't think Cabelas sells them separately. However, with all of the specialty battery stores going up...for cells, power equipment, etc,, there are chargers available.

I recently bought an 800 milliamp charger for about 25 dollars at a Batteries Plus outlet. I am sure that Radio Shack and others will have them at even lower prices.

My last two batteries I got at a prospector's show. They also use those little SLA batteries to run the pumps for their water washers in remote areas. If you go to different outdoor oriented shows, look for booths that have "show specials". I don't know if Sportsmans or Garts might have them, but maybe worth a try.
[signature]
i was thinking radio shack but thougt i try sportman first so even if they dont have one i might as well pick up some tackle while i'm there

chris
[signature]
[cool]Yeah, why waste a perfectly good trip to a tackle store, without spending some money.

A whole lotta folks own stock in Sportsmans...without ever getting the stock certificates or dividend checks.
[signature]
i think i own stock in galyans its the closest sporting goods store near my house

c hris
[signature]
I found and use this battery and chargers.

[url "http://www.power-sonic.com/"]http://www.power-sonic.com/[/url]

I am happy so far.

Steve
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Brother, good to hear from you again. I was worried about you. Hadn't heard from you since your trip to Fresno. How did the rest of the trip go after Shaver Lake?

That looks like a good battery in the link.
[signature]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]After I stopped taking meds I don't have the go power I used to have.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]I run down easy.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]They sold the house I live in so I postponed my prostate surgery for a while at least until after we find a new house and move..[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]I love my side car but it is a haste on some lakes that I have to carry it a long ways, so I am designing a smaller one without the trays, just a place to hold the rods vertical.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]I want to go to June Lake or Cripple Creek area for a day or two. I pop-in-and-out all the time.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]Just not much to say.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]I went to Corona Lake a caught a 8 pound Bass.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]Corona Lake is a fish farm.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]I keep the fish and almost got shot by other catch and release anglers.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]the only reason I kept it was it keep going belly up when I tried to revive it, it was gut hooked deep.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]I just didn't want to let it float away and die.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]So I took it home and ate it.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]I don't even let the fish out of the water anymore; I'll cut the hook and leave it when I am in drought that I can get it safely.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"][/font][/size]
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Steve, sorry you are feeling poorly and having to look for another place to live too. I suspected you were not feeling too chipper, since I had not heard from you. Hope things get better soon.

Hey, don't let the wild-eyed conservationists give you a rough time. I know you have a good ethic, but they get a bit self-fighteous at times. I think they would rather see the fish die than that someone take it home and use it, even if it is stressed and bleeding. I hate to waste a fish too.

Drop in anytime...even if it is just to stay in tune with what is going on. We feel you in spirit, and we always appreciate your input when you are up to it.
[signature]
I picked my battery and charger up at Sportsmans. The aquaviews can use a similar battery and charger setup as the one you are talking about. I think the charger ran me $8. I picked up some clips at RadioShack for the charger as well. That way I can clip onto the battery and not worry about twisting wires. The clips were dirt cheap as well, $2-3 for 3 sets.

See you on the water!

ES
[signature]