Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got to go fishin today
I fished a local city water supply lake today. I was using a 1/64 oz "trout magnet" jig tipped with a "crappie nibble" on 2lb test line. Caught 7 crappie, few gills, 1 warmouth and a 14" inch bass. The bass really put up a fight on the UL tackle. Water temp was 50. Good day on the water. Hope you like the pictures. I am learning my way around the website.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice work.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good pictures.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice fish! Thanks for sharing -- I needed that.

I think I have water or weather envy. With this sudden onslaught of winter that we got here in Idaho I am going into withdrawal fast!!
[signature]
Tube Dude,
I got the idea about taking pictures when you are solo from something you wrote. (try to show the area your fishing and when taking fish pictures get a good scenery background). I fish solo all of the time when tubing. I have not found anyone around here that is interested. Anyway, now I can relive my days on the water. Thanks for the idea!
[signature]
"Anyway, now I can relive my days on the water."

[cool][#0000ff]Taking pictures is a great way to capture each trip...and to begin a collection of pictures for individual waters and each species. Over time you build a pretty good database, especially if you organize them into files on your computer.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You should also get in the habit of keeping a fishing log. After each trip you can make notes as to the water fished, the times you started and finished, weather and temp conditions of both air and water, most successful lures and techniques, etc. After a few years you have a valuable resource to check back on whenever you want to verify the times and events of past trips...and to plan for future ones.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I actually have 3 different logs I keep each year. 1 is a trip log, with all of the pertinent data for each trip and numbered and dated for each year. The second is a species log...to keep track of how many fish of each species I catch, where I catch them and on what dates...as well as other pertinent info. The third is a list of the waters I fish and the trips I make to each one over the year. Great way to track the patterns of different species on different waters. I close them out at the end of December each year and begin a new one for the next year. Then I keep the logs for each year...plus labeled trip pic files in folders labeled by year. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Fishing is both art and science. When you learn to appreciate the beauty and enjoyment of each trip, while recording the "scientific" observations as well, it better prepares you to be more successful with every new trip. Taking pics and organizing them is a big part of that process.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
great post CC... and the pics are awesome...

I am still intrigued by that boat you kick around in... simple yet very affective...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Macfly
I am glad you like it! I drove around a new area today and found many new strip mine lakes to fish.
[signature]
awesome... :-)
[signature]
There at least 3 different versions presently available of these foam boat being made in small runs custom built by individuals in TX, including one very similar to that pictured.

[url "http://floatpros.com/floatpro.php"]http://floatpros.com/floatpro.php[/url]

Look in texasfishingforum.com under tubes- foam for others.

They are illegal in some waters in TX, and I believe CA has banned foam also.

Pon
[signature]
[quote TubeDude]
[#0000ff]You should also get in the habit of keeping a fishing log. After each trip you can make notes as to the water fished, the times you started and finished, weather and temp conditions of both air and water, most successful lures and techniques, etc. After a few years you have a valuable resource to check back on whenever you want to verify the times and events of past trips...and to plan for future ones.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I actually have 3 different logs I keep each year. 1 is a trip log, with all of the pertinent data for each trip and numbered and dated for each year. The second is a species log...to keep track of how many fish of each species I catch, where I catch them and on what dates...as well as other pertinent info. The third is a list of the waters I fish and the trips I make to each one over the year. Great way to track the patterns of different species on different waters. I close them out at the end of December each year and begin a new one for the next year. Then I keep the logs for each year...plus labeled trip pic files in folders labeled by year. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff][/quote]
Amen. I started keeping a fishing log online at profishinglog.com and even with a couple years worth of data, it has helped me immensely.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks. Welcome aboard.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Most serious anglers I have known over the years have believed in keeping logs.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
And people should also be reminded to even log the unsuccessful trips. Eliminating water and pattern is as important, if not more, than identifying and recording successful trips, tactics and patterns.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Right you are.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The purpose of a fishing log is not to be a brag board where you only record the good times. You need to write down whatever happened...or didn't happen...good or bad. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The last entry on my fishing log is "NOTES"...where I make observations about what was likely the main reason for success or failure...and what might have been done differently. If I am honest with myself...and pay attention to myself...it often helps in the future.[/#0000ff]
[signature]