Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone tried Canyon Reels?
I'm considering adding Canyon Reels to my online tackle shop, but I don't know if they are good reels or crap. Has anyone here tried them, and are they any good? I won't put a product on my website that doesn't perform. Thanks. [fishin]
[signature]
Just another copy cat. Serious anglers want the real deal. Penn, Shimano, Fin Nor, Avet, etc......
[signature]
I kind of suspected that. (copycat) Plus you are the only person to reply in two weeks, means nobody is using them. I think I'll steer left of Canyon and stick with the good-ols'. Thanks, Bryan.
[fishin]

Scott
[signature]
Take a look at what alan Tani has to say about Canyon Reels. Far from being a copycat reel. I will be more than happy to answer anyones questions about our reels.
[signature]
No one said your reels aren't good reels.... With that said, what makes your two speed reels any different than a Penn International or Shimano Tiagra? What makes your high speed jigging reels any different than an Avet or Shimano?

I personally think your reels look sharp and I know they perform. However, I also know there are very few name brand reels that don't. We are anglers helping anglers, so i'm not trying to sell a product. I'm just giving an honest accessment. I've fished most reels, for many species, in many locations.

I challenge you to alter my opinion.......[cool]
[signature]
Hi Bryan, I Bryan I take great pride in building my products and to compare to other companies is very hard to do. With regards to our EX series reels that are all two speeds I have designed them so when you where using another companies 80 series that Canyons Ex 50 reel has the same power or more than that product. And so on down the list with the Canyon Ex30 as strong as another reels manufactures 50 series. I have several charter companies in New Jersey fishing the canyons with our Ex16 reels and they have got rid of there big gear.They are lighter reels with extreme power and have the line capacity to make fishing for the angler more comfortable and what fishing is all about fun!
The same goes for the jigging reels as they are built strong. have oversize bearings for the pressure that we apply to land these big fish on small gear.
Bryan I am just like you guys as I am a middle class guy in pursuit of a dream to build a quality,affordable reel and offer the customer service that we all deserve when we buy a high priced reel. I thank you for the compliment and could go on for a long time about this. Today I am in stuart,Fl doing a three day show then back up to N.J. Feel free to email me and we can talk more or give me a shout on my business line.
[signature]
More torque in a smaller reel? Well, that's a fad that all manufacturers are trying to accomplish now. You are not unique in that logic. The whole "butterfly Jigging" thing sparked a whole new erra in the game fishing industry. I admit, I was and still am star struck with the idea of pounding big game, like grouper or tuna, on a rod and reel outfit with similar demensions of that used for bass fishing. The popularity of the superbraids that Powerpro and Suffix produce, fluorocarbon and jigs, so on and so forth. The new thing now, which I support whole heartedly, is migrating to spinning gear. I've almost phased out all of my conventional gear for spinning tackle, with the exception of my larger trolling gear. Why? They produce twice the drag of an equilivent conventional reel, I like the feel of the drag better, and I feel like I have more control over the reel and more cranking leverage. Of all the expensive outfits I have in my arsonel, those i've bought and those provided by sponsor, my favorite is my 100 class trevalla spinning jigging rod w/ a Penn Sargus 5000 strapped to it. Not terribly expensive, but pound for pound, the best all around set up i've ever owned. Because of the lifetime warranty, I TRIED to break that rod on tiger sharks, reef donkeys, etc..... Not much luck. Well, i've decided that the rod gets my seal of approval. Reel, no different. As a test case, I spooled it with 100 pound power pro, locked down the drag, and dropped in 80' of water with a live bait. The reel had more balls than I did.

You're working your way into an industry that has titans in place with concrete shoes. I wish you luck. But you are an angler, and you know as well as I do, anglers are partial to thier equipment. Like me, for instance. I've got Penn equipment that is older than I am. My grandfather fished with this stuff, and it still functions flawlessly. Plenty of anglers aren't rich, and probably won't take a chance purchasing a reel they are not familiar with, when they can go with a name they've heard, used, and trust. You've got to get your name out there, and get your equipment in the hands of people that will give your equipment lots of shit, and provide an honest and Legit feedback. Only then.......................
[signature]
Bryan I would have to agree that I need to gain the trust and have the product out there. I have been doing both and will continue to do so.I know I am the little guy and probably always be.
My goal is to put a quality reel into the anglers hands and to have there back if something goes wrong.
Best of luck to ya also
[signature]