Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boxcar
i got a new reel and pole a few months ago and really wanted to just try it out so i drove out to boxcar cove and fished-hiked all the way out and around to the begining of crawdad. i threw everything in my backpack, cranks, topwater poppers, worms, shakey head worms, wacky rig senkos, skirted jigs with a grub. hooked one bass and lost it, maybe a pound. and then when i was bouncing the skirted jig grub across the rocks like a crawfish, i get a huge hit. i my heart instantly goes into hyper mode cause it feels huge, i think i have a big 5-6-7 pounder taking line on my bait caster. super pumped. after fighting him up to shore i see its a big cat. my scale said 4 pounds 9 ounce and was exactly 23 inchs. wish he was a big ole bass but it was pretty fun to catch and good way to try out the new reel. kinda surprising way to catch a cat, but i guess they are predators too. it was a long hike, but super nice morning and only got a few bites but cant think of a much better way to spend a sunday morning sunrise
[signature]
Nice cat[fishin]
[signature]
Thanks for report n pics[cool] nice dark cat aswell. Good to hear bank action is not totally dead.
[signature]