Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Falls
Has anyone been to sportsmans park lately? I am wanting to go Friday morning but i am thinking it might be scary with this warm weather. I would appreciate any updates.
[signature]
You can't go fishing. You haven't ordered your jiggertotters yet. [Wink]
[signature]
I know i was hopeing my uncle would suprise me with an early christmas present! lol! I am still working on my wife for the jigger totters i want some bad but i have to see how december is for sales at work.
[signature]
You can get 5 of the mild steel ones for $25. That's pretty cheap. I could pick them up for you and save you the shipping. Are you coming over around christmas time?
[signature]
So any word on American Falls? Either nobody knows or they are staying very tight lipped cause the fishing is good.
[signature]
Does anyone have an ice report for American Falls? Particularly sportsman's park in Aberdeen.
[signature]
Bump
[signature]
I would like to know as well. Anyone got any info[Smile]

Jim
[signature]
fishidaho,

Since nobody is responding, I will tell you what little I know. I have occasionally driven by Sportsmen's Park and observed the goings-on there without actually fishing. I have been on my way goose hunting if my report sounds a little lame for an ice fisherman.

About ten days ago, during a warm spell, I stopped by and the local guy that always fishes there had his hard-walled ice hut out maybe 400 yards from the dock and was making a drive out there on his three wheeler.

About a week ago, I stopped and two fishermen were out a long ways in a NE direction, close to the far bank where the peninsula runs. I watched them for about 5 minutes and they caught nothing. They also had nothing laying on the ice that my 50 power spotting scope could see.

No I don't know the thickness of the ice but assume it is ok there (but very dangerous on other portions of the reservoir).

FR
[signature]