Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead Report
Spent the last two weekends on Lake Mead searching for stripers. This is how it went:

08/15- Fished pm ,water very rough, stayed on the lee side of Black Island. Caught 8 stripers between 14-20 inches. Boils between Black Island and Boxcar Cove.

08/17- Fished am ,very nice day,water calm. Caught 5 stripers around Fishfinder Cove, all but one at about 20 inches. Chased small boils close to the shore. When we returned to the boat ramp, several anglers told us of a large boil that occured off of Burro Point. They had the fish to prove it! That is what boil fishing is...being at the right place at the right time. We missed out.

08/23- Fished am ,started at Burro Point but found nothing. Ended up working four small boils just outside of Saddle Cove. Caught 5 fish between 16-20 inches. Saw several other boils but could not get to them before they ended.

08/24- Fished am ,caught one small striper near Boulder Island. We did not see a single boil today. Every angler told us the same story. Lots of boats bait fishing outside of Gov't Wash near the mid-channel bouy at about 10:00 am. I don't know how successful they were.

We'll try again this weekend and hope we get into them.
BaySport
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I hope it goes wide open when I'm down there this coming weekend. While you're coaching football, I guess I'll force myself to go fishing. Is the boat full of gas?[cool][/size][/font]
[signature]
Great Report BaySport ! Thanks for all the info!

[Wink]

sm
[signature]
I hope it goes wide open also. I can fish all day (and night) Saturday & Sunday & am on Monday if you want to. No football workout until Monday pm. Saturday am with Captain Don. Bring your lucky pole, BLM, I have sunscreen on the boat.I'm hoping for some wild top water action!
BaySport
[signature]