Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice auger
Is this a good deal?

is it a two or a three horse?

[Image: 89-user_icon.jpg]
you just got slapped by the rubber fish. [:p]
Its all in fun,
I see your new here, please take a moment and read the faq - especialy the part about posting links in our forum.
[signature]
Not sure where Mucka..@#%what the is? But I know there is a good deal on two Jiffy augers on the Utah for sale board. That is if you are located anywhere near there.
[signature]
no, not realy,

The thing that scares me is the lack of use, being a cople years old, it makes me think he used it the first year and it has set all that time. I cut half that many holes my self in just an afternoon.

unless you know how to work on them, be afraid, be vary vary afraid because you will end up paying a tune up bill that will run any where from 50-100$ depending how much the shop wants to gouge you for.

The going rate for shop work is 75.oo$ per hour..

They will drain the gas, change the gas and air filters and plug, or thay may just tell you they did. You can do all that your self for around 30$,

Then there is the driving to go get it, or shipping. Either way that alone will be more than the savings of just driving in to town and looking at a new one on the floor of your local outdoor shop.

the only way I would say yes to this being a good deal is if the guy lived with in 10 miles of me, and I knew the guy I was buying it from.

you can get a new 8 or ten inch jiffy for
Regular Price: $389.99 - $399.99.Cabella's price...
Jiffy Model 30™ Gas Powered Ice Auger

[ul][li]Make quick work of cutting through the ice [/li][li]Boasts a reliable 2-cycle, 3hp Tecumseh engine [/li][li]Drilling depth: 36"[/li][/ul]
Power to spare with a husky 3hp performance engine. Jiffy’s classic, heavy-duty clutch transfers more engine energy for peak cutting power. E-Z Connect Collar. Power Point grabs the ice for a smooth cut. Ideal for initial drilling, and redrilling holes.
Available: 8", 10".
Weight: 8"-36 lbs., 10"-38 lbs.
[signature]