Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rod holder
You can make your own rod case from a 3" pvc pipe, a end cap, two pieces of foam for end caps and a screw on cap. Glue on the foam end pieces before gluing on the end cap. Drill a small air hole in container to allow for air pressure release. For further protection make yourself a cloth bag to put your rod in before placing in the case.[size 1]

[/size][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I use a couple clamps to mount one to the roof rack on my jeep .The rods are safe from breakage going back and forth .[/size][/font][size 1]

[/size][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]A small key lock can be mounted inside the end cap and a notch inside the tube wall for "some" saftey . but i leave the extra rods locked inside the car . the empty tube is easy to replace , the rods aren't .[/size][/font][size 1] [/size]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=476;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=475;]

the tubes store your rods safley in a closet during the off months .
[signature]
[Wink] I learn something everytime I come to this site , thanks lonehunter !! We use a chunk (2-3 ft ) of conduit , drill holes in it (small ones ) Put a cap on one end , and a removable cap with a eye hook on the other end , tie a rope to it , and you have yourself a bait keeper for ice fishing !!!

Flagmanonice.......from the another m state
[signature]
now thats ingenious ! a baitbucket that fits down the ice fishing hole , keeping your bait alive and leaves a scent in the water to get the fish'.s attention

great idea flagman !
[signature]
[Wink]If you leave your house out there for a few days , drill a hole next to your house and drop it in there with it tied on a stick so it drops 5 ft below the ice and stays ! Then when you get out there and have to drill your holes , its hanging just outside the hole so you wont hit it with the auger , after the hole is cleaned out , take a coat hanger and snag the rope and pull it up the hole , and then dump the minnows in a bucket and tie the rope off so its not down the hole where it can get snaged..

Flagmanonice.........
[signature]
thats cool the bait will stay fresh and alive for days , just a chunk of bread should hold them over for awhile too !
[signature]