Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead 12/14/10
[cool]Hit the trout plant on tuesday with my buddy from calif. Got to hemenway at gray light and put the tubes out. Fished off and on til the truck came. Started tossing a new 6" BBZ for nada. Also tried bomber long A and LA slider. Saw no fish caught so went in for a break. Went back in and fired out the LA slider. Got hit after 20 min. by nice 3lber. Next cast, hookup. Same size. My buddy is kicking like mad to me cause he doesn 't have his sliders with him. I say I have one more in the tube. Next cast and again hookup. Three casts ,three fish, all around 3lbs. He finally gets to me and reties. I toss out in the opposite direction for about 5 min. and bang... hookup. Another clone. My friend gets a good hit but no fish. Time for a beer. Back out in front of the pier and I get my last on a small storm bait. This one went 4lbs. No more action after that. Saw one boater get one but that was it. Fish were 3lb,3.2lb,3.11lb,3.11lb,and 4.1lb. Nice bag of fillets. Just need to get my friend into the fish. Great evening.
[signature]
Way to go man! Nice catch on the swimmies.
[signature]
Nice catch Big E.
[signature]
[cool]Thanks guys.
[signature]
Very nice fish Big E thanks for the report n pics[cool] did ya happen to see what was in their gut?
[signature]
Looks like a fun day. Thanks for the report!!!
[signature]
[cool]Yeah. One of the 3.11lbers had a 5-6" trout in his belly. The others were empty. Are they planting small trout, being that this is the last year?
[signature]
I think they are. They've been pretty dinky and immature at Sunset park this year so far too. I know the fish are coming from a different source but I get the feeling its a cost cutting measure to release them a little early.
[signature]
ya the trout are coming from montana, and they are hittin several lakes on the way down i guess. least thats what i hear
[signature]
That trout was lucky if it was 6"! BigE sucks as a guide, he catches all the fish and I go home with his leftovers.

Nice time on the water, I hope you choke on those stripers BigE!
[signature]
[cool]I only reciprocate the services I got at silverwood.Lol. Don't worry, you will connect again. And yes I will choke down those stripers as fish tacos and ceviche.
[signature]
Cool pics sealfish thanks[cool]
[signature]

Nice catch BigE.

I haven't had much luck with swimbaits. I wondering how you are working them? Are you running them close to the bottom or up top and how fast are you working them? Are you running them pretty slow or are you burning them back. Any help would be appreciated.
And again nice catch.
[signature]
[cool]It all depends on the swimbait. I use it to search for the fish. Start reeling as it hits the water at a steady pace. Next time let it sink some and start again and so on. The fish will let you know what speed and depth. If there is no action on that lure, then try another. You have to put in the work for results, hence it is fishing not catching.
[signature]