Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekend Help
Would like to get out this weekend with my son-in-law for a few hours. Any ideas for the Idaho Falls area. I'm looking for open water and fly fishing. I'm sure there are spots on the South Fork, Has anyone fished Springfield? Any and all help would be great. Thanks guys!!!
[signature]
I fished springfield last year late in the year. I was float tubing. We did rather well. It never freezes over so that would be a great option for you. We used leach patterns.
[signature]
Thanks, We usually hit Springfield a couple times each winter. I have heard a couple of reports of the fishing being slow. I'm not too worried about that most of the fun is just getting out on the water. Have you ever fished Clear Lakes pond at the Buhl, Idaho golf course. It's a couple acre pay pond with some big fish. It's another place I hit at least once a year. going down to my sister's in Shoshone for X-mas and we're going to fish it then.
[signature]
You might also try the Henry's Fork around the Vernon Bridge area. I know it's usually good in the spring w/ weather like we've been having. I've also heard the S. Fork near Heise has been decent.
[signature]
Thanks Guys!
[signature]
I would hit paliSades-the lake, not below the dam. Last year we threw worm with bobber and slammed some nice fish/numbers. Hit it last week with chronomid patterns about 3 ft below indicator...again [cool][cool] good luck!!
[signature]
Ironrod, how do I hook a worm and a bobber on by fly rod? [Image: happy.gif] Did you fish on the back side of the dam? Been playin any fish hockey lately?
[signature]
[Tongue]it's not that hard- I can send you instructions[cool]- would have fished the worm/bobber method but only had my fly rod with me. Probably looked funny down there in slacks/dress shirt! fished right above off the dam-right before you cross it.

Haven't had a chance to ice fish yet- you know how it is coaching high school bb- not a lot of time! Going to get out next week hopefully.
[signature]
Should be some decent fishing on the SF around twin bridges. I made the drive last thurs to birch and the fish were packed in certain holes. But some real good dry action on the top.
[signature]
did you get out? I expect a full report-hopefully not one of you "almost drowning" again[blush]
[signature]