Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8/25 LBSF Native Sun
8/25 LBSF Native Sun
No Sculpin for us today summer is back.
Fish with Capt Shawn Morgan and crew on the AM & PM run today and we ran down to the flats on both trips. The AM run was a slow pick until about 10:30 when the BIG bass (up to 6lb) & Barries came out to play but time ran out and we left them chewing. When we returned the bite was still on but the rest of the fleet found out about the bite and was there in force. I nail a 6.5 and 7lb Sand Bass on the 544 Blue/White Jig plus other smaller fish for C&R. Capt Morgan got a 5lb sandie on a blam and his 10yr old son Tyler took a 6.13 bass on a 544 scrambled egg Jig. Water was still cool but the weather was nice one foot swell with a 5-10mph wind.
[Wink]
[signature]
what day is Capt'n Morgan runnin? Used to fish with him on the City o SB.
[signature]

Hey there FTRDeckhand,

Thanks for the report it reall helps to have you report on the half-day boat action as I admit most of my reports center on the 3/4 or all day boat area.

Seems to me that the afternoon bite has been consistantly better than the morning and often the Twilight is the best. Congrats on the big Sandies.

Those 544 really work. I found the red and white seem to be the barricuda killers in the morning with other colors better in the afternoon bite at Catalina.

I got my yellow today on a bluish w/sparkle blam with the paddle tail trimmed down to a third its size and in the shape of a little fishy tail.

Catch ya later,

JapanRon
[signature]
That's a good Question I know that Shawn runs the Native Sun when Ed takes a day off but when Ed takes a day off is anybody's guess. Call the Landing they should know. 562-432-8993
[signature]