Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's The Best One Stop Shop For Rod Building Supplies?
[#ff0000]I am having trouble finding a decent supply source for rod building and wrapping. A few places here in Utah have a little spot on a shelf with about three colors of "A" thread, a tube of epoxy, and tippets in three sizes. I haven't found anything that really had any decent selection on-line, or catalogs either. I bought enough stuff the last time I was in Montana to wrap a fiberglass forest, but can't drive 500 miles every time I run out of maroon in "D". I know it's out there, just haven't found a good supply at a good price yet. Where do you shop? [/#ff0000]
[signature]
hey you should have asked me that at the fish and feed. lol
try www.mudhole.com or www.jannsnetcraft.com mudhole does almost just rod stuff and netcraft is ok. If you want I'll be up in logan on saturday I could bring my catalog to show you if you want. the wife is taking hunter safty up there from 9 to 4 I need to be there by 200 so she can shoot. let me know.
[signature]
[#ff0000][size 3]Hey, good to hear from ya' I'm not sure what your schedule is with your sweetie in class, but I was going to get the boat wet Saturday so if you want to bring the catalog I'll bring the float toy! I was just posting an invite in the general board. I'll check out those web sites and would like to see your catalog. Come winter, I start to get the cabin fever way bad and a little rod wrapping seems to help on those long, cold, snowy nights! [/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]
Nomoose lists the two best sources I'm aware of. Cabela's also sells rod making supplies. They publish their Tackle Craft catalog which features fly tying and lure and rod building supplies.
[signature]
Hello Guys,

I would say MudHole.Com also, Tom is a good guy and if you don't see it he can get it!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Has anybody said Mudhole.com....[Tongue]
[signature]
Update.

Just got my new Mudhole catalog in the mail. It's great.

If you're in SanDawg ya gotta check out Squidco on Barnett, not too awfully far from the Big Three. They're a small shop, but a BIG selection of blanks & Supplies.

Have a look here, too. [url "http://www.rodbuilding.org/"]www.rodbuilding.org[/url]

Fishslayer
[signature]
[red][size 3]Thanx for the update and link. I ordered some things from netcraft and liked their products and prices but it took quite awhile before I got the stuff. I just got the new mudhole catalog yesterday and will take it to work with me tomorrow. Now that the water is starting to get hard its time to break out the next project. [/size][/red]
[signature]
hehe... good luck with that catalog. I took mine to work & made a half dozen or so copies of the order sheet. Filled one already. [cool] I don't use Mudhole a lot (shipping from Fla is a killer) but they have some stuff I just can't find in SanDawg & their service has been very good. If you don't want standard issue black or blue hypalon here yer just outta luck. Here's a pic of the blue zebra EVA from Mudhole. The reel seat is a Perfection from Bad-Fish. Louis can order different tube/hood color combos.
[image]http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/530/42Acid_Fishwrap_Handle_01.jpg[/image]

I work across the street from Squidco & that makes the wife VERY nervous... [sly]

Fishslayer
[signature]
bud you could set that thing up on 8 mile and woodward if ya catch my drift [sly]
[signature]
Wait'll ya see the one I'm building for the wife. Fuschia Fishwraps! [sly]

I'm not familiar with the area you mention. Is it a good place to troll? Do you go there a lot? [Wink]

Fishslayer
[signature]
well if you spend your vacation trolling there and the local game warden catches ya, you can almost bet you will get an extended vacation....LOL

and NO>>> I try my best to stear clear of that area[sly]
[signature]