Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miami/Haulover Fishing Report - Kingfish Are Snapping!!
Today was one of those days when it seems like everything I did was the right move. We found the live bait with a minimum of searching. With the livewell full of pilchards and herring, I ran out to 80' just south of Government Cut. Our goal was to bend the rods and have fun. While putting out the first bait, it got hit and we caught our first kingfish. A flat line bait got sky rocketed by a king that knocked the bait off the hook. Next, as I was putting out the downrigger, it got hit when the ball was 5' down and we caught our 2nd king. An explosion on another flatline resulted in another bait knocked off. That's how our first drift ended. Back to 80', all baits out. I didn't like how our drift was going, so I turned the boat in the opposite direction. While rotating the flatlines, the one in my hand got hit and #3 king was on its way to the boat. While this was going on, a flatline got hit and we were limited out. Out to a blue/green edge in about 165', we slow trolled pilchards amongst some large weed patches. Our reward was a 12# dolphin that we got the catch (leader touched the rod tip) on before it decided to give us back our hook. Next it was a move to north of the Sea Buoy in 80'. Three flatlines and the downrigger out. Lets put a break away rig out at the bow. By the time I walked to the back of the boat, the break away rig on the bow was hooked up to another king that we released. A move to the green waters off the Twin Towers in 90' produced an 8# dolphin for the fish box. And our final fish of the day was another king (released) in 100' on the break away rig. Our goal accomplished, we returned to Spinnaker Marina with lots of stories to tell and looking forward to the next trip.<br><br>With the Holidays just around the corner, if your looking for that something special for the angler in your life who has all the bells and whistles for fishing, then consider a Gift Certificate for a day or evening of fishing with Knot Nancy Fishing Charters. For details, email nkostyo@bellsouth.net or call 305 620-5896.<br><br>Captain Dave Kostyo<br>Knot Nancy Fishing Charters<br>www.rnfl.com/knotnancy<br><br>