Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water deal could raise Mead's level
[url "http://www.lvrj.com/news/u-s-mexico-deal-could-raise-level-of-lake-mead-112222559.html"]http://www.lvrj.com/news/u-s-mexico-deal-could-raise-level-of-lake-mead-112222559.html[/url]
[signature]
"Mexico also is barred from taking its water back if additional withdrawals from Lake Mead would "trigger or exacerbate a shortage," Spener said.

So store your water here, but let us decide when and if you get it back. Nice move. Now if we can just get cali to agree to that same deal
[signature]
[quote Dan79]"So store your water here, but let us decide when and if you get it back. Nice move. Now if we can just get cali to agree to that same deal[/quote]

The guys that fish Diamond Valley Lake in California wouldn't be to happy with that agreement.

Fisherman are the last ones that should make decisions on water usage, our desires sometimes conflict with reality.
[signature]
Well thats good to hear[cool] too bad we cant get rain like we been having more often hehe.

But what happens when the pipeline is repaired ?

"Mexico could begin withdrawing its banked water from the reservoir in 2014, though not all at once."

Slowly and surly they'll suck it away. I'm sure there constructing a bigger n better more sophisticated pipeline to handle even more water then before.

What if they "trigger or exacerbate a shortage" now that doesn't make any sense to me because we already have a shortage. Guess we will just have to keep fishing and see if we get our 3' increase.
[signature]
It's pretty cut and dry. They are going to hold the water until Mexico wants it back, then they will say, "Sorry Mexico, if we give you that water, it will trigger or exacerbate a shortage here in the USA. Ask Cuba for help."
[signature]
That will help! I was out at Mead on Monday, and the water level has risen a foot or two!!
[signature]
[quote jdeuce] That will help! I was out at Mead on Monday, and the water level has risen a foot or two!![/quote]

Doubt it [:p] I was there too the rain we had did fill up a lilttle.
[signature]
let meget this straight.... water in al ake that sits in the US is being sold to mexico? wow [crazy]
[signature]
Rain wont do much for lake levels. Maybe an inch if we get a downpour. The lake is up about five or so feet from October. I fished a tournament with BAF at Mead yesterday, and was surprised to see the extra water. I think we are getting powell water soon. That will be cool.
[signature]
[url "http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/jan/15/water-level-lake-mead-could-rise-thanks-wet-winter/"]Water level at Lake Mead could rise thanks to wet winter[/url]
[signature]
That's an interesting article Whizzle, gives us more hope I guess.

With that snow fall, the Mexico storage of water and the waterhead issue on turbines we should hopefully see a decent rise that stays awhile.
[signature]