Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Amongst Bikinis
Alright, let me get this right out of the way. While you will find the report below, I have not included pics of any bikinis here. If you would like to see the rest of pics you will have to go to the Average Joe Fisherman blog. On to the report...

“How exactly are we supposed to fish this?” I said to Average Joe Fisherman Scott as I looked out over the Gulf of Mexico. “I have no idea, but we found two fishing poles in the condo, therefore we must fish,” came the reply. “Can’t really argue with logic like that” I thought.

While on vacation with Scott and his wife in Florida, at a condo directly on the beach, owned by the company that Scott works for, Scott and I stumbled upon two fishing poles hidden in a closet behind a couple of boogie boards. It was as if we discovered gold in some Aztec temple hidden deep within the Superstition Mountains of Arizona. We had discussed renting some gear and trying our hand at pier fishing while on previous Florida vacations, but, mainly due to time and money constraints, those ideas never came to fruition. This trip however was different. It was as if God was saying, “Here you go boys! Just take these, walk out into the water and catch some fish.” Our wives, as long as we continued to supply them with drinks with little umbrellas in them while they lay in the sugar soft sand of Siesta Key, didn’t seem to mind what we did.

Being completely out of our element, Scott and I decided to stop by a local marina that just happened to be on the way to taking our wives out to dinner one evening. We spent a few minutes talking to a nice gentleman who was full of helpful information. We had learned, after relieving my wallet of some of its weight and purchasing a couple of really expensive crank-bait type lures, that we would be sight fishing for a slew of different fish. Scott and I, trying not to look too surprised, thought “sight fishing?” “We’ve spent two days in the water and we haven’t seen any fish!” Funny thing about fish, they are really good at camouflaging themselves and you generally won’t see them unless you look really close. Turns out we just weren’t looking close enough.

Feeling somewhat uncomfortable like everyone was looking at us, Scott and I walked the beach the next morning with fishing poles in hand searching for cruising fish. Finally, unable to take the looks anymore, Scott suggested we wade out into deeper water and start blind casting. I concurred as we made our way past a rainbow of different colored bikinis as they frolicked in the warm water. “Man I love the beach!” I thought.

Scott and I were making small talk as we repeatedly cast our overpriced crank-baits as far out in the ocean as we could, saying all the things fisherman say when they have no idea what they are doing or if they will catch anything…. “Even if I don’t catch anything this is still pretty cool,” “Can’t do this in Michigan,” “How cool is this!” Then it happened. A large twenty plus inch fish crushed my crank-bait, launched three feet into the air and spit the lure back at me! With a face that must have been filled with the look of shock, I turned to Scott and said, “Well alrighty then, game on.” With renewed enthusiasm Scott and I caught several fish over the next hour with the highlight being a Jack Crevalle that Scott caught. The fish was remarkable to both of us not because of its size but because it sounds like a pig when it is out of the water. Saltwater fish are strange.

On the walk back to the condo I notice a group of small minnows swimming right up against the beach. I watched them dart back and forth with no sense of direction. I stopped walking and just stared. Somewhere in my peripheral vision I notice something move in the water. I wasn’t the only one watching those minnows. The larger fish, even while directly looking at it, was difficult to see. In fact it wasn’t the fish that I saw but its shadow. I cast past the fish and made my lure appear as though it was frantically trying to get away. The fish gave chase and smashed my crank-bait. After a most excellent fight I brought a beautiful Snook to hand, Smiled for the “grip and grin” and then released it. Just after smiling for the picture I was approached by a very nice looking lady in a bikini who asked me all sorts of questions about the fish she witnessed me catch. As it turns out fishing will attract the ladies as much as puppy dogs or babies will, and if you do it in Florida, they will talk to you in their bikinis. Who knew? =)

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 1.jpg]
[signature]
[quote AverageJoeFish]Alright, let me get this right out of the way. While you will find the report below, I have not included pics of any bikinis here. If you would like to see the rest of pics you will have to go to the Average Joe Fisherman blog. On to the report...

“How exactly are we supposed to fish this?” I said to Average Joe Fisherman Scott as I looked out over the Gulf of Mexico. “I have no idea, but we found two fishing poles in the condo, therefore we must fish,” came the reply. “Can’t really argue with logic like that” I thought.

While on vacation with Scott and his wife in Florida, at a condo directly on the beach, owned by the company that Scott works for, Scott and I stumbled upon two fishing poles hidden in a closet behind a couple of boogie boards. It was as if we discovered gold in some Aztec temple hidden deep within the Superstition Mountains of Arizona. We had discussed renting some gear and trying our hand at pier fishing while on previous Florida vacations, but, mainly due to time and money constraints, those ideas never came to fruition. This trip however was different. It was as if God was saying, “Here you go boys! Just take these, walk out into the water and catch some fish.” Our wives, as long as we continued to supply them with drinks with little umbrellas in them while they lay in the sugar soft sand of Siesta Key, didn’t seem to mind what we did.

Being completely out of our element, Scott and I decided to stop by a local marina that just happened to be on the way to taking our wives out to dinner one evening. We spent a few minutes talking to a nice gentleman who was full of helpful information. We had learned, after relieving my wallet of some of its weight and purchasing a couple of really expensive crank-bait type lures, that we would be sight fishing for a slew of different fish. Scott and I, trying not to look too surprised, thought “sight fishing?” “We’ve spent two days in the water and we haven’t seen any fish!” Funny thing about fish, they are really good at camouflaging themselves and you generally won’t see them unless you look really close. Turns out we just weren’t looking close enough.

Feeling somewhat uncomfortable like everyone was looking at us, Scott and I walked the beach the next morning with fishing poles in hand searching for cruising fish. Finally, unable to take the looks anymore, Scott suggested we wade out into deeper water and start blind casting. I concurred as we made our way past a rainbow of different colored bikinis as they frolicked in the warm water. “Man I love the beach!” I thought.

Scott and I were making small talk as we repeatedly cast our overpriced crank-baits as far out in the ocean as we could, saying all the things fisherman say when they have no idea what they are doing or if they will catch anything…. “Even if I don’t catch anything this is still pretty cool,” “Can’t do this in Michigan,” “How cool is this!” Then it happened. A large twenty plus inch fish crushed my crank-bait, launched three feet into the air and spit the lure back at me! With a face that must have been filled with the look of shock, I turned to Scott and said, “Well alrighty then, game on.” With renewed enthusiasm Scott and I caught several fish over the next hour with the highlight being a Jack Crevalle that Scott caught. The fish was remarkable to both of us not because of its size but because it sounds like a pig when it is out of the water. Saltwater fish are strange.

On the walk back to the condo I notice a group of small minnows swimming right up against the beach. I watched them dart back and forth with no sense of direction. I stopped walking and just stared. Somewhere in my peripheral vision I notice something move in the water. I wasn’t the only one watching those minnows. The larger fish, even while directly looking at it, was difficult to see. In fact it wasn’t the fish that I saw but its shadow. I cast past the fish and made my lure appear as though it was frantically trying to get away. The fish gave chase and smashed my crank-bait. After a most excellent fight I brought a beautiful Snook to hand, Smiled for the “grip and grin” and then released it. Just after smiling for the picture I was approached by a very nice looking lady in a bikini who asked me all sorts of questions about the fish she witnessed me catch. As it turns out fishing will attract the ladies as much as puppy dogs or babies will, and if you do it in Florida, they will talk to you in their bikinis. Who knew? =)

[.IMG][url "http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8B9d3iOyz1E/TQ_iewh6V4I/AAAAAAAAAmQ/njR6BV3FaBo/s1600/5.jpg%5B/IMG%5D"]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/...Bo/s1600/5.jpg[/IMG][/url]

[.IMG][url "http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8B9d3iOyz1E/TQ_isLPbhWI/AAAAAAAAAmY/lB6mQEbA0jw/s1600/4.jpg%5B/IMG%5D"]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/...jw/s1600/4.jpg[/IMG][/url]

[.IMG][url "http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8B9d3iOyz1E/TQ_ijxh9uAI/AAAAAAAAAmU/8IStLTCek7g/s1600/6.jpg%5B/IMG%5D"]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/...7g/s1600/6.jpg[/IMG][/url]

[.IMG][url "http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8B9d3iOyz1E/TQ_khJ11tJI/AAAAAAAAAm0/Iw-Xku6yqLA/s1600/3.jpg%5B/IMG%5D"]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/...LA/s1600/3.jpg[/IMG][/url]

[.IMG][url "http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8B9d3iOyz1E/TQ_ixljngjI/AAAAAAAAAmc/FBc3kGLg1WE/s1600/1.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/quote%5D"]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/...1.jpg[/IMG][/quote][/url]

Average Joe,
You're pretty quite, but as long as you're posting pictures of yourself, you should really post the pictures of the girls in bikini's too! Quit teasing us! Smile
[signature]
I here you Big Worm, but sometimes the girls in these forums take ofense to that kind of stuff. You have to go the blog for those pics. Google The Average Joe Fisherman.
[signature]
I used to live in the 'Keys - it is an oxymoron to be 'sight fishing' for fish you cannot see!
I always saw it more like the fish "sight" me, long before I spotted them. Good, polarized lenses helped to give me a sporting chance. Among themany things I learned in the Keys, not the least was the value of purpose designed fishing glasses.
As for bikinis in the fishing zone, well... its one of the reasons I love surf fishing.

Good post. It brought back some memories.
[signature]