Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Falls
I fished American Falls Reservoir today. I got there at 12:30 and talked to a guy that showed up shortly after I did. We talked for a while and then we went fishing at about 1:00. Within the first hour or so the guy I met caught 3 chubs. A little later I caught a chub. Sometime went by and I caught the first perch, about 8 inches long. A few minutes later I caught another perch, 9 inches long. Then it died off for about an hour. We packed up and moved to another location where immediately we were getting bits but couldn't set the hook. I was finally able to hook one and pulled out a little 4 incher. We fished until 4:30, so the fishing was pretty slow. Seems to be a lot of chubs there as someone else left a half dozen on the ice.

The ice was in good condition under the 1.5" of slush today. The ice was about 8-10 inches thick.

Tomorrow I am planning on going to Mackay.

Justin
[signature]
Sounds like you were patient. Has anyone else seen any big schools of perch there this year?

Windriver
[signature]
Were you fishing at sportsman's park?

Jim
[signature]
Yes I was at Sportsman's Park. I was on the other side by the the 4 individual trees. There was still open water on the main part of the reservoir. What seemed to work the best was meal worms on about anything.
[signature]