Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alexander ice report
I'm going to alexander tomorow to try for some perch and maby some trout or cats we will see I will post later tomorow on my findings....
[signature]
Let us know. Ron
[signature]
well I'm back from aleander and it was slow caught 3 perch the biggest being some where in the 6 inch range small but they are there in about 15 feet of water. Had one other gentalman join me on the ice around 9 this morning he seemd like the likable sort... Will be going back asap... Due to there are a few places I would like to try...
[signature]
just a quick not the ice was super thick in all the places I drilled it was around 12'' thick.. I was using worms and gizzy bugs no results on the gizzy's but on the worm there was but ima keep trying the gizzy's and cut'r bugs.. Any way the ice at alexander is extreamly safe right now at 12'' thick. And keep in mind if you are close to the dam it gets deep very fast..
[signature]
When I fished Alexander three years ago by the dam I did very well for planter bows and small perch. I heard there was some nice perch in there. I used a simple small shrimpo chartruce jig with a cut off mealie worm and did well. I know you live close and was wondering if Alexander just has its off years or times. By the way I appreciate all your reports I know you get around a lot and your input is quite valued.

OC
[signature]
yeah I live about 20 min from alexander!!! And I usually do ok wjen I go there this is my first time iceing it though... So it was just a practice run haha.. I always do well on the cats in there and the bows... And some times perch.... I am hoping to get into some of the bows in there through the ice as there are some large sized ones in there just have to find them..

I try to get around as much as possible as I live about 45 min from 16 different reservoirs in all directions from me.. And 4 main rivers only 2 min from the closest river it's at the bottom of my field... But yeah I try to put out as much as I can to help out.. Because I know what it is like to want to go fishing but not know where to go... Or what to use... But often it's hard because what was working for me might not work for the next guy but that's just the name of the game I guess.....
[signature]
How big are the cats in there? Ron
[signature]
there are some big cats in there there all channle cats but they have been known to come out 20+lbs but the norm size is 7-8 lbs....
[signature]
Now I am going to have to bring over my pontoon to do a little Cattin around. Ron
[signature]
yeah good!!!! It needs to be fished more... It has some what of a huge carp problem as well.. But since it is totaly frozen over right now they are dorment
[signature]
I fished alexander again on the 30th late night with 8 perch landed and maby 12 or 13 strikes... The ice thinned by about an inch.. But with the weather we have been having I'm sure it is back plus extra...im going to go there again tomorow morning with a friend.. Probly by the damn I may be off of second bridge road as well or by the hospital not sure yet.. But if any one makes it out there say hi if you see me I'll be the guy in the big red and black coat...... ..
[signature]
If I lived closer I would be there. How thick is the ice? Ron
[signature]
well it was way slow today out on alexander but productive caught my first cat through the ice... And probly the smallest channel cat I've ever caught.. Any way ice is still plenty thick all over..i was fishing the rock strip next to the dam .. And got 11 fish in total 9 perch one small bow and one small cat..... It was really slow but productive..... Fished from 6-30' of water got the small bow in around 6 or 7 feet of water.. The cat from 30' and all the perch came from about fifteen feet........ Oh and watch out for the wild life on the otherside.... Not going to say what's there don't want to get a bunch of people excited and lose them they just came back..... But keep an eye out and if you see them please don't say anything... You will know exactly what I'm talking about when you see them...
[signature]
and the ice is right around 9+ inches thick
[signature]
I'm going back to alexander tomorow.. I will be there around 30 in the morning... I'm going to go try the inlet area.. As I'm going to target cats... With any luck I will catch some... Or maby a perch or maby a bow... Who knows with that res... Any way I'll be there tell I catch somthing so if any one can or wants to look for the blue caviler and me in a red coat... And come join me in the pursuit of catiness.....
[signature]
i used to live there in soda. i used to have alot of fun at alexander and around grace. i should get back up there sometime.....
I'm at alexander right now..... Started at the inlet left after second hole as it is only about 3 feet deep there now I'm at the dam...
[signature]