Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weiss Lake Fishing Report
DATE: 11-23-01<br>LAKE LEVEL: 558.4<br>NORMAL POOL:564.0<br>SURFACE TEMP: 57.8 in am - 61 pm.<br>WATER CLARITY: Great<br> <br>Check out this GREAT picture of Butch's deer (my sorry partner!)Take advantage of the chat board.Share some of your information for other angler's or ask questions that you need answers to. If you are viewing this page anywhere other than www.weisslakeguideservice.com you will not see the picture. Please go to www.weisslakeguideservice.com to view this fabulous deer.<br> <br>CRAPPIE: Still pulling water rapidly along with a drought condition.No measurable rain in 45 days.Crappie fishing is slow,slow,slow.<br> <br>BASS: Bass fishermen are doing real well on crank baits on flats, drop offs, and humps.Rocks and rock piles also.<br> <br>WHITE BASS: Zero<br> <br>BREAM: Zero on Weiss but GREAT on Guntersville.<br> <br>STRIPE: I took a pair of binoculars and watched the birds work half to 3/4 of an acre diving on the shad.All the birds are not here yet but there are more and more everyday.Fishing the birds works best on calm days.Several have been taken already in the 25lb category.The birds I watched today were straight out from the mouth of Bay Springs.<br> <br>I am afraid that the fishing report is going to be kind of boring for the next 3 months but I will let you know what is going on.Stripe fishing on Weiss is probably as strong or stronger than anywhere in the country for numbers.I know the limit for stripe here is rather high.Catch what you want, keep enough to eat and turn the rest loose.Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving and is looking forward to a wonderful Christmas.For any of you interested in buying a computer this season we have these words of advice: Plant your corn early, do not pee in the wind, and under NO CIRCUMSTANCES purchase a COMPAQ computer.<br>Happy Holidays! Sincerely, Steve 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com <br><br>