Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOW REAL MEN REMOVE A HOOK
CHECK IT OUT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VfCkbq4qdw
[signature]
Pretty Slick! I've seen this technique for normal sized hooks but that had to hurt.

OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUCH!
[signature]
I noticed he had about a gallon of an adult beverage to help with the real man part....But yeah had to hurt.
[signature]
I have used this method twice on friends, and with wifes help once on myself. Hook wasn't that big, but it worked great, very little bleeding and almost no pain.
we didn't have the pain killer shown in video, thats a nice touch!
[signature]
Yah Baby,

...just a flesh wound
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Here ya go.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://www.ehow.com/how_2255461_remove-fish-hook.html"]Written[/url][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://www.bishfish.co.nz/articles/general/hookout.htm"]Written & Diagram[/url][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]PS...it works.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
been there done that! on my girl freinds Dad on his first trip with me![cool]
[signature]
Check this one out. This works well with no string.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRPOvvPax...re=related
[signature]
That's sweet! I can't believe I have never seen this before. I guess I'm lucky I haven't had to use it ever (knock on wood). This will be good for future reference.
[signature]
i saw it along time ago on rolin martin tv blooper show. but real men just thread them threw and cut the shank. got the scars to prove it. i had about the same size treble threw almost the same spot as that kid. but it hurt for days. lol[Wink]
[signature]
RE " but real men just thread them threw and cut the shank."

I agree with you. I have removed them from myself both ways and it seemed easier and less traumatic to me to just thread it through.

Didn't need the 5th of anesthetic either.[Wink]
[signature]
Quote:I have removed them from myself both ways and it seemed easier and less traumatic to me to just thread it through.

Then you ain't doin' it right. There is absolutely no pain, and no further injury when you do the string method right. Are you pushing down on the eye of the hook while you yank on the string? And, yes, you should "yank" the string. Don't just take up the slack, and pull slowly.

Long story short, I had two hooks in my hands at the same time once. One in each hand. Nobody around to help out. Got both of them out without a problem. Had a Kastmaster in a knuckle once. Done right there is no pain, no "exit" wound, and very little blood.
[signature]
RE"Long story short, I had two hooks in my hands at the same time once. One in each hand. Nobody around to help out. Got both of them out without a problem. Had a Kastmaster in a knuckle once. Done right there is no pain, no "exit" wound, and very little blood. "

Fair enough.
What I want to know is how did you manage to get an embedded hook in each hand at the same time?[angelic]
[signature]
That has been around for awhile, I had to do that on a hook in my wife's hand last summer at Starvation, the hook was from a Shad Rap & not that big of course but she took it like a real trooper without any booze.
[signature]
I've used that method and it's fantastic except for.... a hook in the eyeball. My uncle got a royal wulff stuck past the barb in his eye years ago. We opted for the hospital.
[signature]
OH ya thats a barb in the flesh let me guess you was jiggin fer suckers with that spoon right ???? LMAORF[Wink]
[signature]
True story...

I was fly fishing the Boulders years ago and the wind was blowing pretty good. It made casting a challenge. I was using a size 18 dry fly. On one of my forward casts, a gust of wind whipped my fly line right into my face and low and behold, that darn fly decided to plant itself right into my cheek.

Now for the fun part. Since the fly I tied had most of the shank and part of the bend wrapped, I couldn't pull it through, even though the barb and point were showing through my cheek.

Now for the manly part...no whiskey involved...in order to get the hook out, I used my "sharp" knife and cut through the skin down to the shank. Cleaned it up and put on a steri-strip. Oh...yes it did hurt. Don't recommend casting in high winds with a fly rod.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
10 Ways to Successfully Remove a Fish Hook Stuck in the Skin

Edit: links are not allowed for new members, see the FAQ above for the rules of the site.
[signature]
When I was a kid we went camping with our pediatrician's family. My sister got stuck and I got to see how he removed it with this string trick. Fast forward 20 years, and I got to use it on my mother who snagged a lost hook while tubing on a river. I have also had occasion to use it on one of my kids.
The trick I would recommend was telling them I would pull on the count of 3, then yanking on 2. That way they didn't tense up before I yanked. It's hard to surprise the victim if you are pulling it out of yourself though.
[signature]
Did this on a friend. I happened to have a vice grips handy and used it. You never want to ask them if they are ready though.
[signature]