Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing Sleds, Ya Got um Sport um
Here is your chance to show off your ice fishing sleds. Home made, Store bought, Hand me downs, and conversions, and Inovations.

here is my ice fishing sled. Works great, dosnt hold water and can cary all the weight I realy want to pull.

It goes most every where any other sled goes except in fresh snow. I dont have to wait long before I have tracks to pull it over with all the quads and snow mobiles.

The one upside that this has over the triditoinal sled is that it dosnt get eaten up dragging it over rocks, pavement, bare ground.

I pulled this out of the road side trash this past summer, It had 4 flat tires with tubes busted around the stems. It was compleatly rusted out. Its side rails were crushed in from a tree limb falling on it.

I patched the tubes, and bumped out the side rails the best I could, Took it completly apart and sanded and painted with rust-O-ium. And Lubed all moving parts.

the only thing I had to buy was the tube patch kit. I was running a little low on patches.. lol Total time was about 70 hours, and most of that was waiting for the paint to dry between the coats. "2 coats"

I have gotten lots of positive feed back on it from other anglers, and when I tell them where it comes from, they say "ya couldnt tell from lookin at it"

To buy new, this one runs between 80-100, there is a smaller version of this modle that runs for about 50 and I have one but my auger dosnt fit in it.

[url "javascript:;"][Image: DSCN1517.JPG][/url]
[signature]
Well here's mine in action.

[inline "GEDC0517 (Small).JPG"]
[signature]
Here's a couple pic's of my sled.

Jim
[signature]
That tricked out nicely,

quick removable rod holder

and the black pvc option I like too, It will keep people like me from stepping on it when it set aside from the sled on the ice.[:p]

dont ask me how many of those white styrofome buckets I have crushed out on the ice, I would be to embarrased to answer... [Image: whistle.gif]

Thanks for the share

I will have to get mine set up in the day light and get a pic posted.
[signature]