Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carpin'
Anybody out there interested in carp fishing? <br>I live in Pa outside of Phila. and just started fishing again after 30 years. When I was a kid I always loved catchin carp. Love the fight they give. I've been reading some articles on different sites around the net saying people catch these into the winter months although the amount of action slows considerably. I've noticed in the warm months they would bite up til 9 AM. (I fish the local creeks,not lakes)Now I get nothing- not even a nibble. Question being does anyone have more knowledge on these fish as to cold weather fishing? Like maybe they don't feed till even later in the day? Feel free to email me direct if ya like to chat. (hplumber1@entermail.net)<br>harryk<br><br>
Hey Harry!<br>I live on the Ark-Okla border on the Arkansas River. In cold weather around here, we catch carp on chicken guts most any time of the day. There is a slough where the local poultry plant dumps a lot of this and I guess our carp are accustomed to eating this, but you might try it. BTW, how can anybody go 30 years without fishing? LOL<br><br>
yomama<br>Well, I guess I was too busy trying to build up a business and flat out too tired to do anything else. When not working I didn't care to do much of anything. Now i'm gonna make up for lost time (fishin). Carp are still my favorites. I'm getting back to the sport I never should've left. All phases too. Spin casting, fly fishing, fly tying -the works. <br>I'll have to give the chicken guts a try. By the way, how cold does it get where you're at? Good talkin to ya. If ya wanna chat off of this site, I'm <hplumber1@entermail.net>.<br>harryk<br><br>
Not real sure about carp in winter months. I do beleive they shut down more so than out native fish.<br>For some carp info go <A HREF="http://www.carp.net" target="_new">here</A><br><br>
Thanx fatpatmac! I think when I read about guys fishin carp in the winter months they must be fishin deep waters like lakes or rivers. The waters I usually fish are not much deeper than 8 feet tops. The carp net seems to be mostly europeans and their fishin holes, unless I haven't clicked on the correct links yet. Any way, thanx for your input.<br>harryk <br><br>
Harry-sorry, still not much help with carp in winter. For an a more American carp site try <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/cyprioman/index.htm" target="_new">CAG</A><br>BTW, CarpNet is own by a Brit who lives in the states.Smile<br><br>
Hey CAT!<br>Thanx for the info. I'll check out your site as catfishin is next on my list. And for whatever reason seems to go hand in hand with carp. I'd love to catch some large cats!<br>harryk<br><br>