Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From our email bag
[font "Arial"][#400000][size 2]On March 3rd of 2003 Chad P caught this 9.5 lb/ 26" bass at Saguaro Lake, Arizona...on a Shakespeare Scooby Doo Pole! Maybe it's time to upgrade his fishing equipment. What do you think?[/size][/#400000][/font] [center][Image: scoobybass1.jpg][/center]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[cool] I heard that the Mickey Mouse and the SpongeBob were rated for just a little more heavier duty. haa haa But hey, nice catch.
[signature]
Who new? All the money we spend on tackle and gear and a good old Mickey Mouse rod is all it takes! Gotta Love it!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
ya I was thinking about upgrading to one of them [font "Arial"][#400000][size 2]Shakespeare Scooby Doo Poles[/size][/#400000][/font] that ol' pup is always running in to them monsters [angelic]
[signature]
[cool] HEY BE CAREFULL THERE DAVE. THE SCOOBY DOO MODEL IS ONLY RATED FOR 12LB MAX. BUT DON'T DESPAIR, THEY DO HAVE THE SPONGE BOB WHICH WILL HANDLE ANOTHER 3LB OR THE SPIDER MAN WHICH WILL HANDLE A TOTAL OF 20LB. HA HA.[laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
what? no Tarzan with a rbber band modle? [laugh]
[signature]
[Tongue] TARZAN IS STILL IN THE MAKING. THEY ARE STILL TRYING TO FIND A VINE SMALL ENOUGH TO FIT THROUGH THE GUIDES.[laugh]
[signature]
[cool]NOPE. I'm sticking with my SNOOPY outfit. You need the really good tackle if you hope to land the big fish.

By the way, that 9 pounder is a baby compared to some of the big mamas that will be coming in to dine on the hatchery pet rainbows. They start planting those sometime around Thanksgiving each year, when the water temps drop below 65.

Guys that have the strength and stamina to chuck those big trout colored swimbaits all day hook lots of fish over 10#. I fish small stuff and hook a few of them each year too.
[signature]
[cool] I have one of those 9" rainbows myself. I just chuck it around for a few hrs in the morning and I save myself a trip to the gym.[Tongue]
[signature]
[cool]I've seen guys come off the lake with their arms hanging at their sides, too pooped to load the boat on the trailer.

It isn't only the size of the lures, but the stout tackle you need to throw them all day and then to handle the big fish that eat them. Not exactly ultralight fishing.

Don't forget to bring that little rascal with you...the lure, not Sean.
[signature]
[cool] oh rodger dodger. Where is the activity on this board?? Is everyone on a long vacation??? Gee whiz. our own statewide private message board.
[signature]
[cool]I have determined that in Arizona, the fishermen don't use computers...or the computer "fishermen" prefer to hang out on a good ol' boys bassin' chatroom. There are a lot of multispecies anglers in Arizona, but nobody wants to admit it...on a website.

Southernman (moderator for the Nevada board) has the same situation. Utah is the most active board, and there are about five or six other boards in Utah too.
[signature]
[cool] I noticed that on the Utah board. That one is nice to visit when you want to talk about things other than fishing. I even got in on a football shootout on that board. At least I used the Dolphins in my conversation. Sheesh.[unsure]
[signature]
we have a chat board too

yo may want to pass the e-word[sly]
[signature]
[cool] Hey Dave, I kinda noticed the lack of activity on this board. So as it turns out, this almost became a chat board on its own. I guess that certain states may not care to use a generall discusion board. Would it be possible to add a couple more boards for each state with reference to specific species???? ie: Bass board, Catfish, panfish??? It could spark up some more activity on each of the states boards. Just take a look at the Utah board. It's like grand central station over there. Have a good one.
[signature]
we genneraly add boards as there becomes a need for it. to if you bring in a buch of folks in who only want to talk bass or truot or pigeions we have to generate a demand for it.

down on the utah board they are wiper heads. meaning they have wipers on their minds. alot[sly] thats a good thing. there are a lot of musky pike and bass hunters there as well.

in other words on this one the chicken comes before the egg.

but in time is do-able
[signature]
[cool] Hey Dave,

It's nice to know that there is alot of flexability. I guess that's what makes BFT the top fishing web site. Keep up the good work and I'll be joining the team shortly. Thaks again.
[signature]
Stopped by to say hi, but it appears that everyone is still out fishing, or whatever they do in that fierce heat in Arizona. TubeDude, if you are ever going to be out of town for awhile, and need someone to cover for you on the AZ board, I am willing to take over for you while you are gone. As far as the Utah board goes, BFT needs to thank their lucky stars that there was already an extremely active board out there that was ripe for enticing their members to try out BFT. The other board failed to realize the threat that BFT offered, and so it has just about died, and give it another couple months (maybe weeks) and the life support can be removed and it can be officially put out of its misery and buried.
[signature]
[cool]Well, looky what the wind blowed all the way down from up north. Welcome for the drop in, Kent.

Yeah, anytime I plan to be away from the computer for more than a month or so, I'll give you a heads up so you can handle all the action here.

Utah is a "phenomaly" (my original hybrid word). But, it has become a self sustaining board that seems to have a life of its own, with little meddling from the moderators.
[signature]

Those little poles and other light setups seem to catch some pretty big fish. back in calif. in 1974/75 I think ??
the largemouth state record was broke with a 20 + somthing bass by Dave zimmerman. but anyway he was fishing with a zebco 202 special, 6lb test. he was rowing a rented boat at lake miramar. he looked over the side of the boat and seen this monster bass. he baited a nightcrawler and dropped it right on the fish. he set the hook and the reel was jammed and woundn't reel, so he hand lined it in. those of you old timers will know what a zeco 202 is, about the same as scooby doo thing. pretty funny how that works. later chuck
[signature]