Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pine View Friday 1-7 WOO!!
i am taking the new quickfish3 i got for christmas for its inagural trip to see how it performs.

I want to get into some of the perch y'all are talking about, only problem is, I know how to get to Pine view, but i do not know where the "narrows" are at I have only ever been to Anderson Cove for camping. So can someone please give me some directions on how to get to the narrows and or an idea of some good places on the lake to fish. i have a hand auger, shed, sled and fish finder I have not gotten the underwater camera yet.

dont give up your honey holes, but some good areas for some action would be nice.

thanks in advance!!

P.S. IF anyone wants to Join me I plan on heading up after i take my kids to school at approx 7:30 am. then heading up there, approx ice ETA will be maybe 9 or 9:30am. feel free to stop in, I will have on a black BFT beanie.
Good Plan. I plan on doing the same thing 24 hours later. The perch should be about everywhere from the sound of the reports we have been getting and it should not be too hard to get into some action (they will be on the smaller side tho). Strike indicators are a must up there as you are deep and the fish are for the most part small and right on the bottom.

The narrows is that part that starts at the dam and goes past the bouy line all the way up until the fingers start to form. People have been doing good all thru that trough up until the points...and the points too.
[signature]
Drive to the damn.....look down at the lake and you're staring at the narrows. That is a pretty decent place to fish right there. Should be good action and ice. I'd love to join you on Friday but apparently my boss thinks working should be a priority. I am thinking I will head out Sunday though. Good luck[Wink]
[signature]
It is easier to access the ice by driving across the dam and then park where you see everyone else has been parking (about a couple blocks past the dam and across the street from a home).
[signature]
Sounds like you want these (see attached).
Got Friday afternoon plans, then Sat morn, but not at Pineview - yet. So get out there and clean up some of those dinks so I can find some chunks and slabs when I do make it! [:p]

I did inquire about depths once, and received the following informative response (thought this was late fall news, not ice time):

Break down on PV depths roughly as follows:

Narrows in the middle about 53'
North Arm at the mouth beginning at Browning point working back will be 42' back to no water
Middle find the old river bed and that will be roughly mid 40's...back to Spring Creek about 20'. Middle swim beach area is shallow water...Gerresten bay mouth starts at low 30's till the back.
South ard will be 50' going back to the Anderson Cove Camp Ground will drop to 15' and less back in the South bay is anywhere from inches to 8'.

SMB and LMB are still in shallow water and on the shorelines...We've done well for them tossing jigs...let the jig settle to the bottom and work it back to the boat...if you're ontop of the shoreline...not much work the lure to water depths of 19'...again slowly jigging off the bottom...some nice SMB and LMB to be had.
Excellent info CoyoteSpinner! You are commended! These depths should be dead on with the current winter lake level.

The Narrows allow for quick access to the ice but is a bitch climbing the steep banks in deep snow back to your rig. Make sure you are up for it before you talk yourself into the trek and remember to stay East of the bouy line. Send me a PM if you want to hook up tomorrow.
[signature]
Holy Moly CyoteSpinner!!! thanks a TON for the info, I am pretty new to ice fishing and this is only about the second year I have made an "honest" attempt at it!! that map ROCKS man!!! thanks again. I am sure to get into some pigletts and possibly a couple HOGS with that info...

Tight lines!!!
yes excellent info coyote,tubedud has nothing on you hope you can find those slabs and chunks
[signature]
THANKS to EVERYONE for all the info/advise, i will be sure to post a report on how I do saturday after I am done playing hookey!!! the only thing better than fishing people is getting paid to fish!!! yeah baby!!!

thanks a bunch again. I love this site. [Wink][cool][fishin]
[signature]
Quote:tubedud has nothing on you
I don't know that I'd say that! (should I start a list....)

And to be fair - one of those maps IS TD's crafting. Collected the other info here - hope I haven't given away any particular honey-holes. The perch markings pretty much say - fish along the shore. I think parking access, and distance from startpoint are going to govern where you get to.

It's kinda funny - I've only fished PV once - from Port to point of narrows and back. Learned a lot from the FF, and just accessing a new lake. There's something about at least knowing what you're getting into that makes it easier to answer that alarm clock bell.

But some of the posters here have been awesome in sharing their trips as well as info about the lake. (shall I make another list!)
Hope to get a chance to bump into some of ya this ice season, or there-after.

Have yet to experience the PowerSquad on them waters - I gather they get pretty exhuberant. Well - not THIS time of year! ICE ON!
Hey you didn't label my favorite perch fishing spots on the pineview.gif[cool] Actually it seems the narrows are to be the most common area fished for perch but just coming out of the narrows on the south side where the lake starts to open up, we fish off the points of the coves. It seems anywhere from 30 to 50 feet is good.
[signature]
I gave Badfish the best tour I could of the "VIEW". I just know he thought I had taken him to the BONANZA as he got into good fish right off the bat. Sorry it turned off as quick as it started. Maybe we'll have to bring our sonar units next time? [crazy] Dead batteries for the both of us this morning but we still got into fish everywhere we punched a hole. Lotsa DINKS!

I don't believe the temp here in Ogden Valley has made it above 25* for nearly two weeks straight and the ice is there to prove it. Every hole we punched was 7" thick with the bottom 4-5" clear, solid ice with the top 2" kinda crusty ice but all was safe for walking with only about 1/2" of snow covering. EASY WALKING!

We parked in the parking lot at Cemetary Point and headed North. I expect this weekend will bring lotsa hard deck enthusiasts to Pineview especially after you look at the picture posted below. The crappie was 13" and the perch was 12". Like I said earlier, we thought we had hit the Mother Load. [#0000bf]Way to go Badfish![/#0000bf]
I had a BLAST up on pineview with you Smoke!! I am like a kid, I love catching all the dinks while waiting for the bigger ones. I think we did it a little backwards, we got into the nicer sized fish first, then we played with the dinks all day!!

I was great to meet up with somone from the forum here that new where to start generally I am very appreciative of SmokeOnTheWater for allowing me to tag along with him Friday, it was the single best Ice fishing day I have had yet.

the whole reason I wanted to go this time was to use the new quick fish 3 by eskimo that my girls gave me for christmas, but dang it if there was not a cloud in the sky and no "W" to be felt I didnt ive take it off the darn sled!!! With the sun out, i was beginning to sweat and opened up my coat, felt like 45 or 50 degrees out there, but i doubt it was over 25 like Smoke said our ice holes were still freezing over as we fished, not with slushy crap either, the ice was forming back over the openings.

all in all we caught many fish, released a ton of dinks, kept the two big brothers I bumped into.

Smoke, next time its your turn for the bigger fish, and we will have a sonar, maybe an underwater camera. then we can really see whats going on down there.

tight lines. hard strikes.