Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrocnics Recommendation
I am in the process of looking for a some good electronics (fishfinder) for Ice Fishing. What are you guys using and what do you recommend? I have a some Cabela's gift cards that I would like to use. Thank you for any help in advance.

D
[signature]
You'll probably want to be more specific with what your looking for. What you plan on spending, do you want something that's made for ice or would you not mind setting up a boat fish finder for ice?

I got this badboy for christmas, its on sale at Cabelas http://www.cabelas.com/product/Bargain-C...t105684480 and It has served me well the 3 times I've used it so far this year.
[signature]
So you got the HB 550, I am waiting for the 560 after my Lowrance x67 died. I was considering swapping the HB 560 out for the HB 570 for the dual beam sonar. Does anyone have any advice between the dual and single beam? I don't know that it will have much of a benefit on the ice, but was wondering how it works on open water?
[signature]
I'd recommend going out and looking at some electronics in action. Most folks would be happy to show you their toy and what they like or don't like about it. Some like fishfinders, others like flashers.

I have four flashers(Vexilar and Marcum) and really like them. That said there are finders that intrigue me and I would like to try them out. Take a look at some see what you like. I'd be happy to show you how flashers work if you are in my part of the state.

Opinions on flashers vs finders are as varied as Chevy vs Dodge vs Ford.

Feels like Ground Hog Day[crazy]

IceAndFly
[signature]
I went down to Cabela's and talked to the guys down there. They thought that the Humminbirds would be the best bet for the price. They told me about some of the new models coming out with the new software.

I will be using it mainly for ice fishing but do like the idea of being able to transfer the unit to a boat. They had a couple of demo units that they had discounted. Hummingbird 586c was one of them.

Thank you for the advice on checking some of them out in action. I am going up to Strawberry this weekend and may wonder over and ask some questions.

Thanks again
[signature]
Humminbird ICE55, best ice fishing purchase I have made. I'm sure the 35 and 45 are good too. Good luck!
[signature]
I see my post is a little late but I use a Eagle fishmark 320. I cant complain it gets the job done. I think it is an excellent fish finder for the price.
[signature]