Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deer camp traditions
each deer camp has it's own traditions , weather from superstition or just outta fun .

when we get a beginner at our camp , you gotta show him the roaps . that includes the droppings along the trail .

there has to be snow on the ground for this one .

a deers trail , one guy distracts the " student" the other dumps some raisenetts on the trail . as the student comes up to the spot you say " deer poop , now we can find out how long ago he came thru here . pick some up , pop them in your mouth , chew and swallow .( make facial expressions that your really studying the taste ) then say something like , twenty minutes ago , he's a ten pointer about 195 lbs. the newcomer will be amaised !

then tell the rookie to try some so he'll learn how to track them , if there anything like the guys we've had the'll decline the offer in a big way . you will become some sort of hunting expert to them , unquestionable when it comes to deer hunting .

if they do sample the stuff , it takes them a couple seconds to catch on to the taste , and the joke .

we are well versed in this deercamp prank .

what do you guys have or do to make your deercamp a special thing ?
[signature]
watch out for them double headers. when the studants bait the stunt with fresh droppings[Tongue]
[signature]
have you ever seen " escanaba by da moonlight " , i thought it was a funny play , even better on video . it reminds me of deercamp 110% !

you should hear the whoppers we tell !
[signature]
ONLY YOU!! HAHAHHA MEMBER THAT SONG?? IT,S AN OLD ONE. HAHA BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YA.hhaha TO DO SOMETHIN LIKE THAT HAHAA. boys out at readin camp i know let me use the camp fer girl huntin camp. the 2nd week one night. boy did i have some fun!! hahai took my girlfriends, dawn, and kathy. we set out on the porch and listened to the bears just goin at it, had a few, and i started up with the bigfoot stories. well kath ad dawn had enough in em, so,s they got hepped enough and i told em there was one up here. and we are out in the woods,real good! well kathy wa gonna spend the night on the porch till carl comearound the corner and scat her and dawn reall good. so ever since then it,s a girls campnite and this has been the jole that kathy and dawn believed it when they see the bigfoot pop round the orner. and growl. and ran off into the woods. thank god he didn,t streak thru the tomader patch. and fall into the pond. haha it,s a wonder knowin him! but htat,s been ours since.
[signature]
NOW THAT'S FUNNY MARE ! I CAN JUST PICTURE THOES GALS STUMBLING OVERTHEMSELVES GETTING THRU THE DOOR ! LOL ! FUNNY BIGTIME !
[signature]
yessa haha, funniest part of it i was the one that got up early and went huntin without em. haha they was doin some stumblin and kathy didn,t stay on the porch that nite. she was so scat she crwled in the big bed with me. haha i got scat when i woke and see her! haha later dawn was in the big chair near the fire. and the shotgun, i took the bullets haha carl didn,t need buckshot in his everlovin. haha
[signature]
pretty darn funny mare , i'm still getting a laugh out of it !
[signature]
hey there bud~! see your groupins!!! pretty good! there sharpshooter! wish i could of got into bow. but with this ol body now it won,t allow it. course when i was a kid and had pinto ponies i use to play cowboys and indian and go huntin. haha i,d gitthem cowboys hhaha. anyways i was pretty good with my homemade bow and arrow haha and arrows i,d make with my old timer knife. still have it. haha what we don,t think of when ya git bullin with your favorite people. huh? haha i use to make my teepee,stoo haha. ain,t that cool?? haha anyways yeah that was one of those fun nites us girls use to do. miss em. kath,s out in california now. and dawn and me git to see one another once and a great while. cliff and i went down to the singin competition couple weeks ago and i see her. miss old friends ya know. god, i talk to you more than i talk to her and she lives right in ascutney. busy lives i guess. she,s got a granddaguter now. ya know. well take care mare
[signature]
hey dub, i don,t member that tell me! haha later
[signature]
hey there bud, i woudn,t want to git em mixed up either, haha that,s a good one though. hahahahahaha later
[signature]
i know what you mean about talking to the people here more mare , i got one pal downstate that i owe my life too , we see each other once a year or so . got another pal thats gonna see his maker soon , he got the big "c" .

i got the people i work with , but ya get to the point where you gotta figure that your always helping them out and they never stop by just for a visit , well ya just feel like your being used . i don't mind helping them with what i can do , but just a visit would be better than calling me up just to fix somthing or other , ya know what i mean ?

here at the boards , well everyone dosen't always agree with what i say , but that don't stop em from talking to me or speaking there piece in a friendly manner . you can count on a body being here somewheres on the boards most all the time to chew the fat with . in my book , that ain't all bad . got me some pals on the boards .
[signature]
the thing that keeps me laughing mare is the mental picture i got of you gals scrambeling all over each other getting in the house , looks like the three stoges only all gals instead !
[signature]
thats why ya do it in the snow , them deer are a bunch of tricksters too , yuck , that wasen't no raisenette ! lol !

hey mare , p.m. dave to fix up your signature pic , he said to tell anyone that had a problem with it that he'd get it back right as soon as he could .
[signature]
YESSA I SURE HEAR WHAT YOUR SAYIN1 it,s toobad some don,t git to know what true friendship is. too bad about your friend that got the c. sorry to hear it. i,ve gone thru quite a few that,s had it too.my husband did too.ma too,but to me i have to look at it, that their not sufferein anymore. i can se ma walkin and fishin. now, and doald huntin with old jake, ya know.i say when we git up there everythuin ya can,t do here ya can up thee. so that good. life,s hard at times that,s why we got to treasure what we,ve got now togetger. but ya know, those who have never been thru anythin can,t understand it till there there or someone else close to em does.they,ve just been lucky so fer. but hen it hits em, it,s gonna all at once. they just don,t know how to handle it yet, and be there fer others.and i also know of so called fried that ways too, but thee,s all types of friends i figure.different stages in life too, we can,t change them but we can try havin em look at things different, few hints here there, ya know,. i always believed, in order to have a true friend ya got to know how to be one first, some just don,t git it. ahha but maybe they,ll learn eventually thru usm over time. but nobody likes gittin used. it ain,t right.don,t allow it. bud. i figure you,s guys are true here,and if i could be there fer ya physically to hep, iwould but i can the other ways, to bull with ya, so take care we all have to know and share each otheres times of trials.and sometimes with someone who is on the outside of it can hep and listen more. just bein there. i am. well all ya got to do is write me i,ll be here. and at least just listen and sometimes that,s all we need, take care mare
[signature]
kind words mare , thanks .

well he's in greener pastures now , and life in the sticks goes on . so i been a fishing for the big salmon on the west side of the state . had one spank me three times in a row , i guess i know why there called king salmon now . that fish sure showed me who the boss was !

he took most my fishing line and my dignitey as a fisherman and kept comming back to dish out some more ,

jis head was as big as a football and his body was bigger than my steelhead net , i fifure that compaired to the 13 pounder one i got last week the bad butt fish was about 35 to 55 pounds !

i'm gonna kick him in the bucket next week , i want to put him up over my fireplace !

thank you again mare . your a goog friend indeed !
[signature]
mornin,well i,m sorry fer your loss bud,.but i bet he,s fishin fer the salmon you were just talkin bout.and watchin you. ya know it,s in a way, fate that i met this woman one time when jack and i was on the motorcycle travelin, nad i was sittin out on the porch at this motel, and i hollered over to this woman that was comin yo from the brook with her fly rod, and it was the week ma had been gone, a year that week and i was feelin her, and i said to her, how,s the fishin, she got a couple, and out of the blue i says to her, they got fishin in heaven ya know, well she proceeded to tell me she was a preacher, had no idea,she was and had no idea why relly i said it. she said in the scriptures in the bible there is a place in it that has a scripture pertainin to the fishin in heaven, i thought she said in REVELATION!S COURSE THE LAST DAYS AND WHAT IS TO COME! so at least we got that to look forward to. right?? but it felt good that i know that,s what donald and ma and jake are doin right now. ya know. but i guess i needed that question answered and fer her to be a preacher that knows, and i had good vibes off her, so i don,t believe she was bustin me. she felt true. to me it was fate. right time right place and everythin fell together in one momentin time. sounds like you had fun, kick em in the bucket this week fer me too, haha i fished fer them kind years ago, with donald. i tried holdin the fish up and the tail was draggin on the ground and the head was at my chest. haha yessa FUN!! i remember watchin don run up the river then back down with that fish haha wachtin him go back and forth. tryin to hold onto him. finally he got him. boy i was really feelin him when we were at pulaski. do ya know what i mean?? it,s like i could still see that day, him runnin back and forth. haha they sure can take line out,.were you in the boat or the river?? cliffie was 10 when he started goin and he ended up hookiin onto one and it was takin him back and forth too. that kid held on fer dear life haha he finally got him in cause i had one too. almost took him in the drink though ahha. he was just a hollerin.it was as big as him. haha and i still got the picture and i hear hoim hollerin hurry up and take the stupid picture ma! haha.i hear how they can put a damper on your dignity haha as a fishierman. hahai lost a heck of alot more than i caught, haha but fun!my two boys went over a couple weeks after we all went, and they generally are in their prime and right tight as fer as runnin the river, over to pulaski,last week of august, and the fisrt week of sept. but the kids said they were few and far betwixt. its got to be the weather this year. cause i guess now they,re runnuin like hot cakes,well ya take care and hope to find that you catch that BIG ONE THE NEXT TIME I TALK TO YA OK?? hang in there and have fun in them sticks!!. i been out squirell huntin with my new 410 and 22. got a few reds, got some beautiful brookies last nite. boy what a rain storm i caught em in haha. it was downpourin! haha but fun, last week it was in the 30, even 27 one mornin, and this week in the 80,s.??? calm before the storm?? haha this weather,s been somethin ain,t it?? so humid! can,t breathe good in it. well catch ya later take care have fun! yeah, daves good like that. thanks for tellin me you talked toi him bout it. oh, jack caught a few on the new fly rod ugly stick i got him this spring. he liked that, he,s learnin how. mayve he,ll git as good as the guys on {a river runs thru it} haha gonna be few years, haha later mare.
[signature]
GIRL , YOU GOT THE GIFT !

YA KNOW SOME PEOPLE GO TO COLLEGE FOR YEARS TO LEARN HOW TO TELL A STORY , AND AFTER ALL THAT THEY STILL DON'T HOLD A CANDLE NEXT TO YOU . YOU GOT A NATURAL GIFT ! NOT ONLY CAN YOU TELL A STORY , BUT IT COMES FROM YOUR HEART AND I CAN PICTURE EVERYTHING THAT YOU TALK ABOUT AS IF IT WERE HAPPINING RIGHT NOW . YA CAN SEE THE OLD LADYS FACE , HECK I CAN EVEN PICTURE HER WALKING DOWN THAT ROAD . THE KIDS RUNNEN ON THE BANK HOLDING ONTO THAT ROD FULL OF EXCITEMENT AND FEAR AS THAT FISH IS TRYING TO WHOP HIM RIGHT BACK , MAN THATS GOOD READING !

IT COMES FROM INSIDE YOU TOO , AIN'T NO MADE UP STUFF , IT'S STUFF YOU DONE .

YOU AUGHT TO BUY YOU A NOTEBOOK AND PUT SOME OF THESE MEMORIES DOWN ON PAPER . CAUSE I'M TELLING YOU GIRL , YOUR STORIES ARE WORTH READING , THERE REAL GOOD . I FEEL A LOT LIKE I WAS THERE AS THEY HAPPENED .

YOUR KIDS AND THERE KIDS WOULD ENJOY READING THEM FOR YEARS LONG AFTER WERE DUST THATS FOR SURE .

YOU GOT THE GIFT !
[signature]
hahaha i hear ya, i one of em, haha i was joe, haha the red head, kathy was curly and dawn the dark head was moe. haha and when we,d git goin we were just like em haha, especially me and dawn meetin that moose with our britches down!!hahahahaha extra! i still won,t forgit that haha. there was raisenettes everywhere bout that time hahahahaha!!you do goo tellin them stories too vcause i can picture you! too haah and that,s what gits me goin on memberin stuff. hahaha sound like you end up in perdicaments most the time just like me. haha why is it it,s never the right time right place fer me?? hahahahahaha later afa mare!
[signature]
haahha well thatnk ya dub, i use to love to write, iguess i still do, haha that was one of the careers i wanted,and my singin, my singin was fisrt. they say i sound like patsy cline. and i guess i do. haha maybe i,ll have jack make you one of those cd things, and send it to ya. my son cliff is on it too. we were doin a competion one night and i won, that one, {tryin not to brag} haha and cliff come in second, but i got jack one of those video camaras and he used it that night. and i think my adopted son scottie is on it too. i think thats the one. but anywasy thanks i love to write, and wanted to go to colledge fer it but you know as it is with life, that the most important things in life to us come first and ma and cliff and scottie were my main important things. {i had my hands FULL HAHA}well you got it too bud you done good so you ought to too.haha HEY, i will if you will!! well i figure writin to you dave john, here or whoever is just as good as writin a book, or gittin technicle, cause it,s here sometimes needed more. and i feel maybe somehow someway i might be able to hep someone here more than i would of doin it IN the book ways. at least i hope so. yeah, haha they are all TRUE stories haha and boy don,t i git myself in a pickle sometimes. haha lest we can laugh about it. hahA AND IF I DON,T HAVE TO WORRY IF I HIT AN DIFFERENT KEY EITHER SOMETIMES, OR USE ALL MY COMMA,S HAHA LATER HAVE FUN FISHIN. I,M GONNA GO FISHIN IN THE RAINSTORM WE,RE SUPPOSE TO GIT thurs friday here, and the winds, it,LL be fun. boy were gittin some rain, and it is hot and humid! it stayed 75 all night, THE ANIMALS ARE SURE FEELIN IT!! HAHA good campin weather! later
[signature]