Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake mead fee increase jan 15 2011
What do you guys think about this?

"With the increase, the park’s total gross revenue is expected to increase from $3.3 million in 2010 to about $13 million by 2014"[cool]

+Read the full story here+
[url "http://www.nps.gov/lake/parknews/2010-56.htm"]http://www.nps.gov/lake/parknews/2010-56.htm[/url]
[signature]
So, they get $20 extra bucks from me. Who doesn't need a raise nowadays.
[signature]
If its to maintain and better the park, that's OK by me
[signature]
Wow, that sucks. I typically buy the $5 each time. I guess I have no choice but to upgrade. I guess it will save me some money anyway.

If they are going to charge more, maybe they can make a better path down to hole 33 Smile I swear, I nearly died a couple of times moving up and down that stupid hill.
[signature]
The Whizzle - I could use a raise[cool] but none of the park employees will benefit from this. So looks like no raise for them anytime soon.

"By National Park Service policy, recreation fee funding cannot be used for normal operational costs such as permanent employee salaries."

RealRatFink - Well its not too bad for us bankies just buy the $30 annual but its sucks if you go in someone elses car because the sticker decal can only be used on the car you bought it for.

Think about what you wish for ratfink. We dont need anymore access down to 33hole then we already have. Thats why we have the hemi handicap pier.

If you notice there is tons of trash down there on the ground and fishing[shocked]. Not to stereotype or anything but I always see people breaking rules down there everything from fishing 6 rods a person,using sm channels as bait,firing rounds into water/air, leaving garbage etc. If anything we need more enforcement down there and put some trash drums near the popular areas just my 2 cents.
[signature]
Ahhh, I think you hit the nail on the head. You're right, I don't want that. I want less people at hole 33 and a train wreck of obstacles for people to get to the lake XD

That shoreline is pretty pathetic. I don't understand how fisherman can just leave a ton of garbage. You see the craziest stuff on the shoreline, old fishing poles, beer cans, underwear, you name it. I'm pretty sure I could build a used rod, with line, and lures from stuff I find on the shoreline. Unfortunately, money has nothing to do with it. This problem lies with each and every fisherman. Respect for nature and the preservation of lake should be a required class that every fisherman has to take before they can get their license.

Just a thought....

Let me know when you're headed up!
[signature]
Yea I hear you, but much as I whine about 33 hole it really has some pristene untouched shoreline. Just got to hike farther and longer. I dont want to turn it into the whole class thing we already deal with that when hunting but sure it would def help people. I'll pm ya if I plan on heading out this weekend.[cool]
[signature]