Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
33LB STRIPER CAUGHT THIS WEEKEND OUT OF ECHO BAY
[Image: IMG_0004.jpg]

I have been trying since I was 8 to catch a big striper out of Lake Mead. Finally this past weekend I think I did it.

The fish weighed in at 33lbs 12oz. The fish was 43" long. It was caught on Saturday 01-14-2011 @ around 4:00 pm just 2.5 miles from the Echo Bay Marina. It was caught Trolling my favorite expensive handmade lure.

It took 15+ minutes to finally get it in the boat. My dad actually had to put the boat in reverse a few times so I could get some ground on this monster. I started with the lure out 250ft. At one point my line counter registered 483 ft. It was caught on 20lb line.

Anyone who knows me, knows i have been trying for a long time to get a trophy like this, and I am finally satisfied. Satisfied to a point that is. I know there are still larger ones out there and still will search for another monster.

If anyone ever wants to go fishing send me a PM. My family and I have a houseboat at Echo Bay and love to take our 21' Center Console Fishing Boat out.

Here are a few more pics of the fish!
[Image: IMG_0005.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0003.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0006.jpg]
[signature]
Nice fish, hope I can hook into a pig like that someday
[signature]
Nice Job! Mind posting a pic of the lure u use?
[signature]
Hell yeah man. Some hogs getting taken lately!

Way to go!
[signature]
by the way, the gizzard shad are up in the overton arm pretty abundent now. This monster had 2 7-10" gizzards in its stomach.
[signature]
That is so awesome. I have also been wanting to catch a monster fish out of lake mead.
[signature]
big piggy pig!!! nice fish, and congrats. persistance does pay off. i remember catching my first king salmon in seattle a few years ago i tried for years to even get a salmon of any kind, and one day it just happened. it feels great to finally get that fish u have only dreamed about. hats off to you! now go get another one!!!! but bigger lol nice work man!!!
[signature]
Congrats man[cool] very nice fish n report. Jeez im missing out I got to come join ya one day. Keep it up[fishin]
[signature]
That's an awesome fish! You had quite the weekend while I had to slave away helping put down the flooring in my wife's new office. A friend of hers is starting a travel agency and they are having a grand opening party Friday night. Anyone who lives in Vegas who would like to attend is welcome. We've been talking about putting a group travel trip together to go up and do some ice fishing for arctic char. The party starts at 8 pm on 1/21/2011 The location is:

Simplicity Travel
3555 S. Fort Apache Road, #121
Las Vegas, NV 89147
[signature]
NICE!!!! Aside from this monster how was the action in the Overton area? I spent about 6 hrs on the lake between Hemingway and the wash and didn't have a whole lot of luck, 5 or 6 little ones all on anchovies.

Thinking about taking the boat up out of Echo this weekend any recommendations on areas?
[signature]
Great Job! That is one big fish. NDOW thinks there is going to be a new lake record soon. The stripers are in love with the gizzard shad. Good job and good luck in your search for the next one.

Stripercraze
[signature]
way way awesome dude, good to see results paying off when you put your time, congrats!
[signature]
I have never had a bad day fishing out of Echo. on sunday i took my wife out for a hour of fishing and we caught 8 1-5# fish. all i can say is if you find the bait balls, u will find the fish. I also don't fish the deep, i know there are stripers in the 80-100' depths, but i seem to find better fish in the 20-50' areas.
[signature]
I was just told by the Moapa Valley Progress, which is the paper up there in Overton and Mesquite, they are putting a article about it in there this week.

People have been telling me, that is the biggest fish they have heard about up there in atleast 10 years.

I didn't realize all the hype i would get after catching this fat fish. My favorite thing so far is a lady that is mad at me for keeping it. I told her, if you caught one that big after all the time I have been putting in up there, u would understand. 5 minutes after i caught that fish, i hooked a 1lb stripper, i threw it back and told it to get bigger. See i did my part.
[signature]
Defiantly a honker lvfishingdude [cool] and of course peeps will criticize for not releasing. Most of the time they don't even fish or its the die hard anglers blaming others for destroying a fishery. Don't they know its a legal fish lol[cool]
I would of kept it too. My only exception is release all lmb,smb no matter the size.

Did you eat it or mount it?
[signature]
We fileted it. Filled up our freezer for a long while, plus gave a bunch away to people at the marina.

I only keep stripers when i know someone wants some meat. I pretty much throw everything back.

I would of loved to mount it, but i hate to think what it would of cost. We took a bunch of pictures and also measured it, so i could have one made up one day.

My favorite fish story from this weekend was a guy i sold my old 14' lund boat to decided to tell me he caught a 17 lb striper but threw it back. I asked if he had a picture of it, he said he didn't. He also said at the fish cleaning station i never would keep a big fish, only the small ones since they taste better. Catch a monster after years of trying and tell me that....

that made my whole weekend hearing that.....lol
[signature]
i love moapa. my fish made there paper....

[url "http://mvprogress.com/2011/01/19/big-fish-hauled-in-from-lake%e2%80%99s-overton-arm/"]http://mvprogress.com/2011/01/19/big-fish-hauled-in-from-lake%e2%80%99s-overton-arm/[/url]
[signature]
Follow the link................lure included

[url "http://www.acplugs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1875"]http://www.acplugs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1875[/url]
[signature]
congrats! fry some of him up and take it down to where you cleaned it.

when you see one of the guys tatgave you crap eat a piece and say "remember that 33lb striper i caught? he sure tastes good!"
[signature]
Hey kochanut save those silly comments for the utah board [:p] that crap dont fly down here in the desert[sly]
[signature]