Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hodgeman Waders
http://www.hodgman.com/Sale-Fishing-C69.aspx

Does anyone have any experience with the Hodgeman Breathable waders?

Thanks!
[signature]
I had a pair of chest and waist highs...didn't last a year, but that was many years ago. I do still have my Neo's, just not sure if they still fit....LOL Not sure I wanna find out[shocked]
[signature]
I have a pair of their waders and used them several times while tubing... did not have a problem...... I have not used them in a while and they have been stored awaiting the next time I go tubing or maybe this summer on the streams in TN...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the input. ---Well, so far from the feed back on the other forums, it isn't impressively in Hodgman's favor. They don't seem to be much liked for longevity. I do have a pair of neopremes of theirs that I used for a lot of years, and they are still ok.

I was attracted by the price -- cheap! But I am rethinking and will probably wait to get down to Salt Lake and see if Wm Jos. or Cabelas have anything.

The Hodgmans all say "lite" something in their name -- I am thinking maybe "lite" construction!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hey cpierce wasn't looking for another pair of waders but a friend gave me a pair of Hodgeman wading pants which works real well in low water streams. So far no problem. She also gave me a pair of wading boots. BTW the Coleman Co. owns Hodgeman Sporting Goods.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I was actually looking at some Hodgman waders here: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/brows....aspx?c=49. With the club pricing they're only $53.97. Is that a good price?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If you want a good breathable wader, get something with Goretex. The lesser quality breathable fabric in the Hodgmans begins to wear thin quickly under use...especially for floattubing. You first notice a tiny pinhole leak and fix it. The next trip there are more...and more...until your waders are no longer breathable. They are an Aquaseal cake.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I don't know anybody who truthfully likes the Hodgmans after more than a few uses. Most take them back after only a couple of trips. Some leak badly right out of the box.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That being said, I DO still use the Hodgman neoprenes. Mostly because they are the only ones that make a true 3XL that fits my big frame with the extra layers I wear during cold water tubing. And my last pair I got by going through Stearns...online.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Gotta agree. BUT, I had a pair of Both the CHEST and the waist highs. The waist highs lasted maybe 3 months, but the chest actually lasted a couple years.
It is very light material, and this was many years ago. I am sure they have improved to stay in business and have read a couple of pro reviews.

With that said, from personal experience....I would stay away.
[signature]