Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
great day on Joe's Valley 1-21-11
my good fishing buddy Dave called me yesterday and aked if i wanted to go to Joe's Valley.. all i could say was yeah i want to go.. we got there about 8:30 or so and took the walk out to one of my favrite fishing holes.. there was not snow on the ice and not much anywhere else.. easy walking tell we got to the ice.. then it was slik as snot.. so a little slow going.. got to the first GPS mark.. fished for about 40 min's i was not seeing meny fish on the finder and only have one hot.. my buddy had hooked up on 2 small skinny splake.. so we packed up and headed to the next GPS mark.. bingo this was the spot oh.. for the next 3 or 4 hours it was fish after fish comeing some time 2 fish on both poles.. lost track of how many we caught but was fun! after about 1:30 as usual on joe's valley it slowed way down. we caught fish off and on for a while but realy got slow after 3:30 so we packed it up and went home.. we caught cutt's and splake and nothing other than that.. caught 2 that were 5 lbs and 21" and 22 1/2" 3 that were 18 to 20 2 to 3 lbs. the rest were all smaller ones some looked good most were skiny snakes heads..
this was the first ice trip with my buddy Dave this season we could not habe saked for better wether or fishing all day.. all around great trip..
[signature]
In that second picture, it looks like somebody cut a hole big enough to drop a bucket through it. Wouldn't wanna find that under a few inches of snow.[:/][:/]
[signature]
oh then you would not like ice fishing Joe's Valley very much. [shocked].. the whole lake is riddled with bubbling springs.. watching your step is part of the game.. i seem much much bigger holes out there then the one in the picture! have fun finding them if it snows and covers them up... hahahaha good luck to all that want to try it out..
[signature]