Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah should ban all bait completely where they have slot limits
[quote doggonefishin]Do you fish in any or the fisheries that have slot limits? Besides the fact that the overall fishing in these areas is usually excellent, it is apparent when you catch the slot fish that the slaughter you picture is not happening.

Next time you fish Strawberry and pull up a slot cutt, inspect the mouth carefully and see how many times it has been caught. I lot of thse guys have been caught 4-5 times. Same for big Jordanelle bass. (slot now expired[:/])
I maintain at Strawberry that almost as many slotters are lost from pulling them up from deep water into the warm surface water during the hot months (regardless of lure/bait type) as are lost by bait use.[/quote]

I agree with deep, deep. it is said to pause when retrieving over 30' deep.
But I wonder, how warm does the water get at Strawberry.

(quote)"Stratification of Strawberry Reservoir is evident by the middle of July and continues through September. The surface temperatures during these months commonly exceed 20 °C (68° F)while temperatures from mid-depth to the bottom rarely exceed 15 °C. (59°)."

These seem pretty normal aren't they?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [doggonefishin] Utah should ban all bait completely where they have slot limits - by flygoddess - 01-20-2011, 06:51 PM