Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SethColeman, Chick, Crappie/Yellow Bass, 01-20-11, Jason Kruger
Took the night off from work, because of the 51 degree weather prediction, and decided to hit the water to get Clutch some crappie. We launched at around 10:30 and went to work on a point that produced earlier in the week. It didn't take long and we marked fish and started pulling them in one after another. We put 2 keepers in the livewell in the first 5 mins and I thought this was gonna be a day we could limit out...I was wrong. We stayed on the point for about an hour and a half and had a ton of success, just not anything of size. It seemed like everything was 9-9.75 in everytime. We did catch several nice yellow bass, but nothing to brag about. We moved over to a dock and the water temp was 2 degrees cooler and we could only manage one. Moved back to the point and by this time the wind was so bad we couldnt stay in one spot and hit our marker. Moved over to another dock to get out of the wind and found some fish there but only 1 keeper. The wind was so bad we decided we had to leave. We stopped fishing once we hit our goal of 60 fish, and reset the fishing counter back to zero for next trip. We totaled 50 crappie and 10 yellow bass. I only started fishing for crappie last year and have never been able to limit out. We can find them...and catch them...but no size. Took 7 home for Clutch, and we may hit the water again tomorrow..depends on the weather and how much sleep I can get. Been up over 24 hours right now. <br /><br />Water Temp=41.4-44.6<br />Depth=4-16ft-Off point<br />Lure=BG Bluegrass-BG Blue Thunder<br />Water=Somewhat clear until the wind picked up and then it turned muddy.