Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern Georgia Newbie
Hey everyone. I am brand new to this forum, and also brand new to southern Georgia. I just got stationed at Moody Air Force Base near Valdosta. I am from California and have never fished this far east. I've done quite a bit of fishing in Texas, but this is like a whole new world to me. Anybody have any locations/tips/favorite spots in this area? When it comes to fishing, I do it all, so ANY information would be extremely helpful. Thanks to all, and tight lines!
[signature]
Welcome to Ga. the only info i can give you is fish real slow and deep during the winter months. Shallow in the summer months and off the points on the main part of almost every lake in ga during spring and fall. In the fall months make sure that you have a top water lure. Good luck and may your lines stay tight.
[signature]
Thanks. Sounds pretty much like the same thing that we do in California. Do you fish southern Georgia? Which lakes are good, and which ones are a waste of time?
[signature]
West point is the best down there but lake blakshier is pretty good also. any lake that runs off the chattahoochi is great for fishing.
[signature]