Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to fish tonight?
Guys,

Looking for a spot to fish tonight (local), anyone knoew of a lake that is producing a good evening bite?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
All Right,

I deieced to hit Santa Ana River Lakes. I'm leaving now, For anyone who makes it out look for the Blue Ford Expidition with [url "http://www.BigFishtackle.Com"]www.BigFishtackle.Com[/url] on the back window and say Hi. I have hats and shirts in the truck and will be glad to hand them out until thier gone.
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Had a blast at Santa Ana,

The catfish seem to be biting steady. I farmed a fatty but did bring in some great fish! [center][Image: catstringer.jpg][/center]
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
LOL!

No Dramimine, No Patches, No Ginsing, No Relief Band, and no PUKING! How do you like that, I'M CURED!!! -I'll keep saying it till I believe it-

Oh, while were keeping score, I think I'm 2 up on you in the open water (even between my chumming). Don't forget I didn't get shut out last run, I had a Skip Jack on you, and well we won't go into details I limited out the time before last, and I believe you came up light (LOL)!
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
skip jack!!! SKIP JACK!!! that should be worth only half a fish![laugh][laugh][laugh]

joe
[signature]
I hear that, the fact that I got it on the troll probably takes another 25%. Nonetheless, what was your count CK? HAHA

Not a lot of fish but a lot of fun and great company!
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[size 2]I can't believe you actually caught fish there! I gone there off and on for years and been skunked several times. I just went to drink beer and hang with my friends [Wink][/size]

[size 2] I think maybe the fish were sleeping and he hit them in the mouth when they were yawning! [shocked][/size]
[signature]
Hello FishFather,

Things did satart a bit slow, while we were testing baits. We tryed night crawlers, liver, mackeral, shrimp, and worms.

The worms produced some small crappie and a bunch of tiny carp (they just spawned and are everywhere).

The trick seemed to be moving spots, looking for spots were the Kats were breaking water. We were catching them pretty quickly after the shrimp hit the water when we had seen fish jumping. It seemed if we didn't get them on the way down and the bait reached the bottom we wouldn't see much action. We then started baiting a piece of shrimp with a marshmellow and then another piece of shrimp to keep the bait off the bottom and it was a pretty steady bite. We actaully caught more fish but farmed a couple. Also if you fish near the dock after they are hooked they go striaght for the dock and if your drag is to loose you will lose a couple to the dock anchors. I had three rods with me and really couldn't fish with more then one because the action was pretty quick, they weren't running away with the bait, you definetly had to set the hook quick or you came up with no bait.

Best spots that produced well were the spillway, dock area and the big cement colvert half way down the back side of the lake.

Thier stocking again Tues. and I am going again this week or Friday for thier all nighter (I caught them on the Memorial Day all nighter).

Hope to see you out there. I want to nail one of those 10+ ponders!
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Man I used gravy and worms, gravy and shrimp and gravy and mackeral and even no gravy. Nothing. A couple nibbles. I chenaged my rig 3 times and moved 3 times.

I felt very ashamed [Sad] So I immediatley left there and proceeded to the ocean and night fished!

Several small bass and 2 sharks [sly] I felt better[cool]
[signature]
Lets trade trips, You can join me at Santa Ana this week and I'll check out your shark and bass spot.

I'll cover the boat, you just need to get in? [size 1]They have[/size][font "Arial"][size 2][font "Verdana"][size 1] 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. on an evening pass. Tagged fish are paying until the 28th.[/size][/font] [/size][/font]What ya say.

Sept 12th, 13th, and 14th, and 26th, 27th and 28th are Buy one get one free fishing days.
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator