Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I doubt if he will even get a ticket
on long lake here in commerce twp. (oakland county) a speed boat runs over a fisherman.

the $60,000 speed boad received no damage nor did the driver and passengers.

the 14 foot flat bottom john boat on the other hand is totaled. and the operator of that boat when to the hospitol after the speed boat creened in to the side of the alluminum boat.

I can attest that the weather was misty and the john boat probably blended in, this dose not mean that speed boat operators do not have the responcibility of monuvering safely and not have to share the lake with other lake users regardless to what kind of craft they are in.

the news reel says that oakland county police is investigating and no one has received a ticket as yet. all I can say is that I know for a fact that a speed boat can over run a john boat in just a matter of seconds. and the speed boat should not have come racing out of the cannal, failing to yeald the right of way to those already on the lake. but because his $60.000 speed boat was not dammaged I doubt if he will get a ticket.
[signature]
yep , your probbably right . we had the same thing here last year in ross lake , hit and run , the happy couple that fell victom to the drunk was forever changed . the wife became a widow that day . the guy was cought and recived a sentance that in my opinion was so light it made me sick !

one year to the very day that this happend another speed boat lost controll , hit a breakwall and landed on a property owners dock, boat, and boatshed ,destroyed it all , same lake , same family was the victom to a boat driver that left beercans all over the place of the accident . a lot of damage for then property owner that has been thru this once before , and no charges filed yet .

these boating laws gotta be changed to fit the times , we ain't in the 50's no more .
[signature]