Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spawn curing
[font "Arial, Helvetica, Verdana"][#336699][size 6]Make your own spawn bags[/size][/#336699][/font] [Image: spacer.gif] [Image: spacer.gif]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, Verdana"][#000000][size 3]I am certainly no expert at fishing with salmon roe. I found this and some other material on the web and thought I'd pass it on. It is consistent with many articles I've read about the presentation.[/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, Verdana"][#000000][size 3]Getting the Most out of Spawn -
By: Ed Clements
[/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, Verdana"][#000000][size 2]It is a cool fall day and you have just scored big time on the fish. As you head back to your vehicle you start to wonder what to do with that nice female Chinook, Steelhead, or Brown Trout that is in the cooler. Read on, as I will provide some sure fire tactics to cure that spawn.
The first thing to make sure that you do is getting your catch on ice, especially if you have a long ride home. Not only is there the possibility that the meat will spoil but those precious eggs are in peril of becoming the garbage can's lunch. Many fisherman make the mistake of not getting their catch on ice fast, and it is a common misnomer to think that since the eggs are deep inside the fish that they will stay fresh for a longer amount of time than the flesh. As we all know many fall and spring days can reach into the 60s and destroy that prize in your cooler. OK, so you iced your catch and now you are at your destination with cutlery in hand and ready to go to work on carving up that beauty. I usually start by filleting the fish as normal. After the fillets are removed break through the rib cage to cut the skeins out of the fish. There are two skeins and usually can be removed without turning the carcass over. The skeins are attached towards the head of the fish, simply reach up and cut where they are attached, after doing this the skeins should pull out easily. Now you should have two skeins, if you are pinched for time before treating them you can wet some paper towels and wrap the skein in the towels. Make sure the paper towels are saturated and layer them with about three wet ones and three dry ones. Wet ones first. Then put them in a zip bag and throw them in the refrigerator. This will keep them moist and fresh for about a week. One mistake often made is freezing an untreated skein. In all my experiences they seem to come out of the freezer black. Make sure you treat the eggs before you freeze.

Now you are ready to treat the eggs for great fishing in the future. If you are going to be fishing soon the eggs should keep for about a week untreated. These are the best eggs to fish, simply cut them up into dime or quarter size squares and tie them up into spawn bags or throw them in a jar to put on the hook whole. I will cover spawn tying in another article. If you are not going to be fishing for a while the eggs should be treated, there are a couple different ways I like to do it. No matter which way you treat them the spawn should be thoroughly rinsed first. I use river or lake water to rinse my eggs. If you don't have river or lake water available you can use tap water but don't use too much, the chlorine in the tap water will turn the eggs white. Run them under the tap for about a minute or two. I usually take an empty gallon milk jug each time I go fishing; I fill it up and then have a supply of river water available. One way is the Borax treatment. You can buy Borax at any grocery store. A common brand is Twenty Mule Team, with the kicking mule on the box. One word of caution: borax is pretty strong stuff and should be handled with care, you may want to wear latex gloves if you have any open cuts on your hands. Also do not ingest borax, the stuff can kill you. Using a spoon scrape the eggs out of the skein and onto a paper plate, this may take some care and practice, don't get discouraged if you make soup out of one skein. After scraping the eggs out you should have a bloody membrane that should be thrown away. Put the paper plates with the eggs in the refrigerator for about an hour or two, this lets the eggs dry. Using a paper plate is crucial, as it will soak up moisture and juice from the eggs. After the eggs have dried for 1-2 hours pour the eggs into a plastic bag add the appropriate amount of Borax to the bag and shake like crazy. Shake until all the eggs are covered, this not only treats the eggs but also dries them further. Now pour out the contents of the plastic bag through a strainer, you should be left with nicely Borax coated eggs. Spoon the eggs into jars, small mayo or tartar sauce jars work best. Top the jars off with Borax and the treatment is complete. The Borax treated eggs will last for about a year in the refrigerator or about 3 years frozen. This is the best method for preserving longevity of the eggs, but I feel the borax takes a little of the fish catching ability out of the eggs. Don't get me wrong I have caught many salmon and trout using eggs treated in this manner, but remember fresh is always best.

Another method I like to use is the salt and sugar treatment. Follow the same washing and scraping procedure as described above, you can skip the drying procedure. In a large bowl mix ½ cup of sugar and ½ cup of salt, then add 1 gallon of river or lake water. Mix this thoroughly. Add your eggs to the mixture and put the bowl of eggs in the refrigerator for six hours. Next pour the eggs through a strainer. Spoon the eggs into jars. They will keep for about six months refrigerated and about a year frozen. This treatment gives the eggs a nice sweet smell that can turn on the fish. The only drawbacks are the procedure can be messy and the eggs do not keep as long.

If you are lucky enough to get a pumper fish; a fish where the eggs are loose. The eggs may be loose inside or may be spewing out of the fish when you land her. If the eggs are pumping out onto the bank quickly find a twig to plug the rectum, do not waste those eggs! These eggs are what I call gold. These eggs only need to be treated with river water. They should be as hard as a rubber ball and are real easy to tie into spawn sacs. If you are fishing out of a boat and the fish starts pumping eggs out throw her in the cooler and let her pump them into the bottom or try to catch the eggs with a plastic bag. After the fish is done doing her business simply treat the eggs with river or lake water. I usually carry a nylon bag with me. I put the eggs in the bag and let them hang over the side of the boat or tie them to my waders for a couple of hours; this seems to harden the eggs up nicely. If you don't have a nylon bag you can throw them in a pail of water and let them sit for 4-5 hours. Make sure the water is cold, either add ice or throw them in the refrig. After treatment put them in jars and they should keep for about 6 weeks in the refrigerator or about 6-9 months in the freezer.

A few final thoughts on preserving spawn. Brown Trout eggs are the best, followed by steelhead eggs, and salmon eggs work too. Remember that treating spawn is like everything else; practice makes perfect. If you could have seen my first few batches of spawn you would probably fall out of your chair laughing. After a few years of practice I now have buddies calling and asking if I have any eggs for them to borrow. Don't get discouraged if some of your eggs turn to soup, it may not be you, the eggs inside the fish may not want to cooperate. Sometimes the eggs are just too green to be of any use to a fisherman. Eggs are important for trout and salmon fishing on Michigan's beautiful rivers, but remember these eggs are also important to replenish wild stocks. One 6-10 pound female will yield about 4-6 jars of eggs; this should be plenty for many trips. There is no need to keep every female you catch, be selective and only keep what you need. Also remember that taking fish for the sole purpose of eggs is illegal. Salmon, steelhead, and trout are excellent table fare. In upcoming articles I will provide recipes, spawn tying tricks and techniques, and rigging tips. Until next time good luck and good fishing.

[/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, Verdana"][#000000][size 3]Do It Yourself Spawn Bags - By: Ed Clements

[/size][/#000000][/font] [Image: spacer.gif]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, Verdana"][#000000][size 2]I would like to share with you my favorite way to tie spawn. There are many ways to tackle this sometimes-tedious task, but my favorite way is the good old fashion hand tying method. I do not use any machines or other mechanical devices.

The first step is to get a baking sheet, and please don't plan on using this to cook on ever again. After tying one batch of spawn on a baking sheet it will forever remain a spawn tying baking sheet. The juice of the spawn really hardens and is tough to remove. I would suggest purchasing an inexpensive new one. On the baking sheet lay out your netting, a very important aspect is to buy the netting already cut into squares. The netting that comes in a roll is made for use in the Spawnee machine. Mix and match the colors of your netting, some days the fish will want orange and other days it may be pink or chartreuse. After laying out your netting now put some eggs in the center of each square of netting. The key is not to put too many eggs on the net, I usually like to use about the size of a nickel. Now pick up the corners of the netting and pinch into a bag. Holding the corners twist the sac of eggs a couple of times. This comes in very handy for wiping off your hands. Pinching in between your fingers you should have a nice round sac of eggs. The next step is to tie the bag. I use Atlas Magic Thread, there is no knot needed with this thread. Take your thread and wrap three times in one direction and three times in the other direction and pull the ends as hard as you can so the string snaps and presto you have a spawn bag. This thread is awesome stuff and will not come loose without a knot. One trick I like to use is a string dispenser. It is easy to make, just take a jar or a coffee can and cut a hole in the lid. Drop your spool of string into the jar or can and feed the end out through the hole in the lid. Fasten the lid on and you have a string dispenser. Now trim the excess netting above the knot and drop your spawn bags into a jar and refrigerate.

A couple of tips on tying by hand: this method is little messy due to eggs breaking. I wear old clothes and usually do it in the basement or the garage. I also like to keep a wet rag close by, between each bag it really helps to wipe off your hands. This keeps your hands damp and also removes the sticky egg juice from them. This is the fastest method to tie spawn. This method also produces the nicest, tightest bag you can imagine.

[/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, Verdana"][#000000][size 2]Another way found on the net[/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, Verdana"][#000000][size 2]* Keep roe that you've harvested in the refrigerator. When ready to process open your package and pat roe dry with a paper towel. Always cut your fishing roe with a knife or scissors. Tearing the roe will damage the egg skein. Depending on your intended catch (i.e., salmon, steelhead or trout), cut your roe into 3 to 12 egg clusters. .

* It is important to add powdered borax to the roe. You can always use a plastic, tuperware style, container with a lid that seals. Just add some borax in the bottom of the container, then the roe, and finally, sprinkle borax over the top.

* Additionally, adding borax will allow you to freeze the roe and reuse it at a later date (up to two [2] years).

* If you want your fishing roe to be sweet, add desired sugar and borax only on the roe that is going to be used for fishing. Remember, adding sugar will cause your roe to ferment if the product is stored after fishing, even if frozen.

* REMEMBER - Always keep your roe cool when fishing. It is a good idea to keep it in an ice chest, or at least in the shade whenever possible. Roe will spoil quickly when left in the HOT sun.

* The most effective way to secure salmon roe to fishing hook is with a salmon roe knot.[/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, Verdana"][#000000][size 2]And another way of preparing salmon roe[/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, Verdana"][#000000][size 2]Spawn sacks can be particularly effective when the water is still a bit murky and scent is really needed for the fish to locate your bait. This is another way to prepare spawn sacks. This method works much better than store bought sacks or treated eggs.

What You'll Need:
You can find the mesh and magic thread at many bait stores. The Rodmakers shoppe in Strongsville also carries it. Items shown are the magic thread, mesh, and a completed spawn sack (six eggs), about the size of a dime.

1. Orange nylon maline veil (mesh).
2. Magic thread
3 Salmon or Steelhead eggs
4. Small containers (old film containers work well)
5. Small zip-lock baggies
6. Scissors

Using eggs natural be very effective (using no cure product). Here we go:

1. Separate the eggs from the lining of the skeen.

2. Put small amounts in separate baggies. This is very important so you only unthaw and wrap what you plan to use at one time.

3. When your ready to wrap, unthaw a baggie in luke warm water, keeping the eggs in the baggie and dry.

4. Once unthawed, pour the eggs into a small disposable tupperware container. The egg film that's left behind is virtually impossible to wash off.

5. I use a small cap off a bottle to scoop a few eggs out of the tupperware container and place a few in the mesh. I used 6 eggs per sack.

6. Pull the mesh up over the eggs and wrap magic thread around 3 times and pull snug, again wrap 3 times and pull snug again and cut the excess. No tying necessary with the magic thread which makes the job much easier and faster.

7. Do this for the entire amount and keep in refrigerator if being used the next day. If you plan to use them more than 24 hours from the time of wrapping, freeze them. You can freeze the eggs in the film container. I've found 2 film containers or 20 sacks will usually last me all day.

Note: If you have sacks left over after fishing go ahead and freeze them. Although you can only do this 2-3 times before they harden up on you.[/size][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
First thing I like to do with skeins is to pat them dry with a paper towel, either split them open or cut into chunks and lay them out on wax paper on a cookie sheet for drying. Either I will put them out in the garage overnight if it is cool enough, or place in the fridge if it is not.
Do not over dry to where the eggs get somewhat caramelized.

After drying, you can either store them uncured, or do my curing process. I like to use non-iodized salt, borax, and about 1/3 strength cure, but there are all sorts of good recipes and it pays to experiment. Make sure that if you are curing that you work the cure in between the "leaflets" of the skein.

Next, proper storage is essential for long freezer life. There are many ways to do this, but the key component is to make sure that it is completely air tight. I either will
use a vacuum packer or I will put enough skein into a plastic ziplock bag for about a day's fishing, squeeze out as much air as possible by immersing the bag in water (careful not to get water into the bag) then zip it. Next I wrap the bag with aluminum foil to make it airproof as even the thinner plastic bags will breathe air a little.
Then I wrap the package in paper to protect the aluminum foil from tearing, as it easily does when frozen. The I identify the package, ie king skein, borax/cure (or uncured,etc) and date it. This helps to rotate your stock.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

keep rolling them in Borax until they are somewhat dry. Then put the eggs, borax and all in wax paper and place them in a mason jar. Just before sealing the lid, light the top of the wax paper with a lighter and put the lid on. The flame will quickly remove all oxygen and seal the lid down tight. Now put in the freezer until ready for use. They will keep this way for a year or more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres what I do. Write it down so you can use it in the future. When you get a skein that you want to tie into bags from a salmon... I only do this on salmon skein. Take the skein and a spoon and drag it across the skein making the eggs seperate out into single eggs or as close as possible. Ok for every quart of spawn I take a quater cup of kosher salt and a quater cup of sugar and mix it up with some orange atlas die just for color.. maybe a teaspoon of it at most. Mix it all together and place in the fridge for 15 minutes or so then take it back out and rinse the mixture off. Add a small amount of water back into the eggs which they will soak back up and your ready to tie them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method #1 borax

When removing roe from a fish keep away from water. A quick rinse is ok to remove blood but will require a drying process to remove the extra moisture. Never freeze eggs in water for later use. Always cure roe as soon as possible. Roe will keep in a refrigerator sealed in Ziploc bag for up to a week before curing, but I recommend curing as soon as possible for better quality.Place roe in paper towels over night to drain Unwrap and place on news paper in skeins Cover with borax (get into seams of skeins) To have colored eggs mix in a small package of sugar free Jell-O (Optional step) or buy Procure instead of borax. Dry food coloring can be added to the dry powder to get desired shades. Cut Into bait size pieces Cover in borax Spread out individual baits on newspaper Let air dry until crust has appeared on one side Flip over baits until the form crust on top side again Place in container and cover with fresh borax Freeze or place in refrigerator up to two months To thaw roe place in microwave for one minute (No longer or you will cook your eggs) Your ready to fish

Method #2 sodium sulfite

This method doesn't require drying. Produces red colored eggs. cut bait into fishing size clusters place in bag with sodium sulfite (purchase a any photo shop) shake until all clusters are covered place a layer of sodium sulfite on bottom of container alternate layers between clusters and sodium sulfite until container is full. refrigerate until ready to use

Method #3 sugar, salt, borax

This mixture also doesn't require drying. Mix equal parts salt, sugar, and borax to create mixture. Eggs will not reabsorb juice with this method so don't let them over cure in refrigerator. The salt is what toughens the eggs. If you want to tougher clusters leave in refrigerator overnight. Then roll in a dry borax (for easier handling) and place in freezer.cut bait into fishing size clusters place in bag with mixture shake until all clusters are covered If you choose to not coat before placing in container... alternate layers between clusters and salt, sugar, borax mixture until container is full. Place in refrigerator place a layer of the mixture on bottom of container over night or until cured to firmness desired After the eggs are of desired firmness .....Roll (shake in bag) in a straight borax before freezing. This will help reduce the stickiness from the sugar in the cure and mess on the river/lake. Freeze until ready to use

Brine for firming eggs

Mix a brine that consist of one part sugar to 4 parts salt (cup) in a gallon of water. Stir brine until all dissolves. The eggs when cured will be firm not shriveled or rubbery. You can then go to one of the other methods to finish the clusters to your liking.

Dried eggs

Place eggs on wax paper one layer deep and allow to air dry until rock hard or dried up. Store in air tight container until ready to prepare for trip. Tie the eggs up into roe bags and rinse thoroughly in water the day before you plan to fish. Place in refrigerator over night. Eggs will be reconstituted the next day and ready for use.

another cure

I just finished making about a dozen spawn bags. I cured some steelhead spawn last spring for the first time. I got the recipe off one of the fishing pages. It works great. I just kept them in a seal jar in the meat tray of the frig.

1/2 cup of sugar 1/2 cup of salt [font "Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica"]

dissolve in a cup of water. put the eggs in and let it stand for about 1 - 1/2 hours. drain and store. I mixed the stuff in a zip loc bag. I also used warm water to dissolve the sugar and salt.

Egg Cure [left]Dissolve 1 cup borax, 1 cup salt, 1 cup sugar in a quart of water. May require heating to fully dissolve solids. Then when mixture is luke warm, place eggs in solution and allow to brine for 1 hr to 1 1/2 hrs. Remove eggs and allow to air dry until tacky. For colored eggs add a food coloring or cake dye to the mix. This makes for some tough eggs and colored egg snot when the eggs wash away.[/left][/font]
[signature]
Their own eggs are the best all-round baits for steelhead and salmon and often for other trout and whitefish. I learned early on that taking time to prepare and preserve trout and salmon spawn could make the difference between great fishing trips and poor ones. Conservation also entered the equation, as I never liked to kill more female fish than necessary. Preserving spawn helps you avoid waste. Here are some of my favourite methods.

Water-hardened, fridge air dried Recipe:

Mature trout (steelhead and brown trout are considered best) or salmon eggs, borax (if desired). For tying into spawn sacs, loose eggs and clear mature eggs almost separating from the skein are best. Mature eggs still in the skein can be hand-loosened gently in a container of cold water or scraped out (a spoon or a flat, dull knife and a Teflon board work well). The shells of mature eggs harden when exposed to water, a natural protection process that usually occurs after they've been fertilized. To trigger hardening, rinse eggs for several minutes in river water or at home in a colander, making sure all debris, blood, and membrane are removed. Place eggs in plastic bags or other containers and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours (hardening can take one to six hours). If eggs will not fully harden, spread them thinly on a paper towel on a plate and return to the fridge for up to three hours to air dry. They can now be tied into sacs, frozen as is in jars, or further preserved by other methods. I like small jars that hold just enough eggs for a day's fishing, rather than large jars with excess eggs that have to be refrozen. To protect them from freezer burn, when small jars are unavailable, I double-wrap eggs in small air-tight plastic bags and place them in a Tupperware container. Unfrozen fresh spawn has a refrigerator life of less than two weeks and a freezer life of several years. Immature opaque eggs tight in the skein never fully harden. Freezing them untreated will cause ice crystals to break their fragile shells, producing mushy, sticky eggs when thawed. They're still excellent bait, but messier to tie. I roll these spawn sacs in borax. They milk well and are great in slow-water situations where scent is especially important to enticing hits from fish. Pros and cons: The simplest treatments. Require the least effort and eggs retain natural scent and colour. Short shelf life, unless frozen.

Boraxed skein chunks and spawn sacs Recipe:

Salmon or trout skeins, 20-Mule Team Borax. Wash skeins under cold water and rinse thoroughly. Roll in paper towel and allow eggs to firm up in the fridge for two days. Cut skeins into dime-sized chunks for steelhead and quarter-sized for salmon. Drop chunks into powdered borax and roll them around until coated. Place a 1-inch layer of borax at the bottom of a jar and then add chunks. Sprinkle borax on top of them and refrigerate for several weeks or freeze immediately. Mature spawn can also be preserved this way or by soaking in a saturated cold-water and borax bath for up to two hours. Pros and cons: It's a good way to preserve immature skeins. Boraxed spawn sacs and chunks last and milk well in water. Even under an egg snell, skeined chunks do not stay on a hook as well as spawn sacs. Well-sealed boraxed eggs can last for months in the fridge and years in the freezer. Time-tested fish catchers.

Salt-cured single eggs Recipe:

Loose mature chinook eggs; salt (non-iodized pickling or sea salt). Rinse chinook eggs under cold water and allow to harden in the fridge, then place on paper towel and plate to air dry for several hours. Heavily coat eggs with salt and allow them to dry for up to 12 hours and become wrinkled. Roll eggs around in salt every couple of hours. Test hardness by squeezing eggs with fingers and using a small hook. When an egg stays firmly on the hook, without splitting or popping, place salt and eggs in small baby-food jars and freeze. These eggs are ready for fishing on small hooks. You can also use salt to cure steelhead and other trout eggs. Many anglers salt entire skeins and loose eggs before tying into spawn sacs. For this, you can also use a saturated salt-water bath (some anglers add a few tablespoons of brown sugar) and leave previously water-hardened eggs in it for up to 2 hours. Then drain and package or tie into sacs immediately. Pros and cons: Salted eggs maintain their colour. Single eggs work great under a float, especially in slow, deep runs below spawning riffles. While eggs might be wrinkled, after fishing with them for a while they plump up. Because single eggs are fished on small hooks, fish often swallow them deeply. Consider using barbless hooks when catch-and-release fishing. Single eggs are simpler to prepare than tying spawn sacs. They keep for months in the fridge and for several years frozen.

Boric acid Recipe: Trout or salmon eggs, boric acid crystals. Water harden eggs as before and allow to drain and fridge dry for up to two hours (they might wrinkle). Dissolve one tablespoon of boric acid crystals per quart of water. Add dried eggs and stir. Allow eggs to absorb the solution for about one hour and to plump up. Test by squeezing with your fingers. They should be firm and rubbery. If eggs pop, soak them longer in the solution. They can be refrigerated or frozen in baby-food jars or tied into spawn sacs and frozen. Pros and cons: Unfrozen eggs will last up to 6 months in the fridge, years frozen. They have natural appearance and colour. Experimentation is required to get eggs to the right hardness.
[signature]
FISH EGG CURE[/url]

Curing Fish Eggs With Sodium Sulfite

Prepare Mixture Using:One part sodium sulfite One part table salt One part sugar Mix above ingredients together and roll the fish eggs in the mixture, thoroughly coating the eggs. Put fish eggs in an airtight container, after which they should not require any refrigeration. If you want to add some color to the eggs, try adding dry raspberry Jello to the mixture before coating the eggs.

--------------------------------------------------------- Curing Fish Eggs for Fishing

Curing Fish Eggs for Fishing

1) Bleed female fish immediately after you catch them; when you clean them, wash every particle of blood off the eggs you can. Nothing ruins a cure faster than blood in the eggs.

2) When you get down to the curing process, pat the eggs dry with a pure white paper towel and section them. Don't use towels with printed desighns or colored writing.

3) Sprinkle the eggs lightly with Pro Cure and rub the cure in with your fingers. Use Rubber gloves --the stuff will stain permanently.

4) Put the eggs in plastic bags or jars and put them in the refridgerator. Turn them every 1 to 2 hours to allow the cure to spread evenly.

5) Drain and let dry, and then wrap the eggs in paper towels and put them in the freezer.

6) Once they've frozen, vacuum-pack them and store them in the freezer. They'll last in the freezer upwards of a year.

Letty's Egg Cure

Mix 1 cup each of sugar, borax, and salt into 1 quart of water.
Cut eggs into bait size. Place in solution for 1 hour.
Let air dry overnight on paper towels.
Place in baggies and freeze until ready to use.
Optional: Red food coloring, the kind cake shops use works best.

-------------------------------------------------------
EGG CURE

Up here in the Northwest there is no denying that fresh roe is the bait of choice for all successful fisherman. What sets fisherman apart is how they put up bait. I feel the key is to let your bait dry properly. This can be done on any absorbent material, just be aware that the bait may stick if it becomes to dry. After the bait is dry it must be cured. In the old days the cure of choice was plain Borax, now there are many products available that are better. "Pro-cure" is my choice, you just need to follow the directions on the package.
Some very successful fisherman on the Olympic Peninsula make their own cure as follows:
1 part raspberry jello mix
1 part non-iodized salt
3 parts borax
Let skeins air dry to touch, sprinkle cure in each fold of eggs and on the skin side. Use lots of paper towels with newspaper under and let air dry (pretty dry too!) for 1-2 days, depending on your fridge. You can freeze forever and they will keep in fridge for awhile.(month and a 1/2)-

----------------------------------------------------------------------
[signature]
time to bring this one up top .
[signature]