Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have to let a ice tent dry out so it don't get moldy or no
Kinda a dumb question but I just got a tent and am curios if you have to or not
[signature]
They are more resistive to mold than a camping tent. But they will grow mold if not dried out after every use.
[signature]
Unless you are storing the tent or shelter where it's below freezing all the time, I would suggest you set it up and let it dry out. Definitely do it as soon as possible if you are keeping the tent inside where it's warm enough for mold to form on the material.
As a matter of fact, I need to set mine up in the morning in my yard so it can dry out after today's trip to Mill Meadow.
Mill Meadow fishing has slowed to the point where it's not worth writing a report.

Mike
[signature]
Yes let it air dry because they will get mold on them and its a pain to clean been there done that and its not fun.
[signature]
i have the quick fish 2 and just take it out of the bag and throw it in the bathtub overnight. has worked for me the last couple years
I do.. I just set it up in the garage when i get home and clean it.. there is trash,dead waxies & fish parts that needs to be taken care of.. then i wipe it out then leave it up over night to dry.. But im a virgo & belong to the over achievers club.. [cool]
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
When it gets real wet say from rain dry it out. If its just a wet on the bottom and you are fishing again in a few days there is no need. A tent that is wet all over though will be tough to setup the next time you go and its below freezing. I did this once and it was very difficult to open and the zippers were iced up. Couldn't move them. It was below zero that morning so it made life in a tent miserable.
Its got to be very warm for mold to grow. I clean and dry mine out completely after my last Ice trip and store it.[cool]
[signature]
It's a good idea to take good care of all of your gear all the time. It will last you longer and be more enjoyable for future uses.
[signature]
Thanks for the info every One good luck out there
[signature]