Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rough trip
Went to Pa laborday weekend for some Bass fishing the only day it didn't rain was sunday so me and a guy across from the house I was in went fishing at night he just got a new used boat and wanted to try it out so we went to Beltzville reservoir late sunday afternoon and man I should have stayed home first was the boat launching he was backing the boat in and thats when I figured out he didn't know how to do it the rope tied to the boat was knoted badly I was yelling for him to stop he didn't rope pulled out of my hand boat floated away so luckily there was a guy waiting to pull his boat out and when he stopped laughung he took me out to to get the boat and the owner of the boat had no idea that it floated away he went to park the truck I got it back in to the dock and we were getting ready to go and it wouldn't start that should have been clue #2 BUT NOOOOOO we still went out after it finally started the boat had no real speed to it it was a 50 horse motor with no power 2 miles later we stop to fish drifting around for 3 hours with nothing but 2 SMALL catfish to show for it finally I said lets go guess what it wouldn't start its now 11 at night pitch black out not any other boats around us an hour later it finally starts now the SLOOOOOW ride in and he forgets where the dock is and I can't see cause its so dark out 2 hours later we find the dock then its time for him to load the boat on the trailer after a few tries I said enough of this and I back the truck in jump into the water and into the boat then drive it on the trailer hook it up hop out of the boat back in the truck and pull it out and he said man you do that good I said you better learn how to do that before he goes out again now I'm soaked a little pissed and a little wiser moral of the report find out how experienced the person you are going to fish with is before you go fishing with them
[signature]
let me guess, you had to stop for gass on the way to the lake? [blush]

lord only knows when the last time he was out on the lake. I am sure any one who knows him only went out with him once [Tongue]

there is a tell tale sine of a fisherman and a man who just talks up a good story. if the boat smells like fish, then he has at least been out latley, if his fishing geer is ready to go, then most likley his boat is ready to go. if he knows where a hot spot is then he has at least been on the lake one time.[laugh]

I went deer hunting with a guy like that one time. then never again. If he came in the woods when I was there I left.....[Wink]
[signature]